Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

his last act as Chairman

It better me. Okay,, let's allow one day of celebration, but whoever might be going to Germany/Holland I hope they keep the protests going against Doug. He cannot buy us off this time. I know some will say not to worry and that doug is definitely going. I have a feeling appointing MON may give him some belief he can carry on!

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think that this will help the pace of the take over or postpone it?

This is part of the takeover - this is the takeover happening in front of your eyes

strange hhow some peopel including reporters think this is Ellis's doing ???

Greetings from Cloud Cuckoo Land - what was it you said to me Ian the other week, when I said that MON would be ideal for the job :winkold:

Ellis is still the Chairman and CEO - its his doing. There are other circumstances that are pushing this towards MON obviously, but Ellis has always done things for Ellis - he ain't going to change now.

If Ellis wants to take the credit for getting MON, then He surelt has to take the 'credit' for getting rid of DOL.

Ah feck it, we all know Ellis is responsible for how DOL left, don't we?

Good - he should have done it sooner.

If Ellis wants to take the credit for getting MON, then He surelt has to take the 'credit' for getting rid of DOL.

If this is a result of DOL leaving then i'll be eternally greatful to him.

its his doing

Sorry Lee but I disagree. The only thing Ellis has done here is indicate he is leaving. I do not for one minute believe that he had anything to do with Martin Oneil joining the club, I do not believe he was involved in the final negotiations.

This is all a result of DOL leaving. Yeah he wanted out and we didn't want him, but he also knew Ellis was the problem and I genuinely think he felt something for the club. not a lot, but enough to know we could be better. I said it a while ago that if DOL leaving meant Doug would then I'd salute him. I'm hoping I get to do this next week. MON is one step, but we're not there yet!

its his doing

Sorry Lee but I disagree. The only thing Ellis has done here is indicate he is leaving. I do not for one minute believe that he had anything to do with Martin Oneil joining the club, I do not believe he was involved in the final negotiations.

Now I never said that he was instrumental, I also think that if there was no takeover in the offing that, but people on here have been having ago saying he will **** it up - he had the power to still **** it up.

Let him have his last press conference in peace before he **** off into the wild blueyonder never to grace his ego again

If this is a result of DOL leaving then i'll be eternally greatful to him.

Even I might buy him a drink.

Sky have a bloke who looks like O'Neil talking merrily to an old codger and a pretty blonde, does that mean Souness won't be the one after all :evil: :evil:
Pretty blonde? I've heard Stride called some things in my time...

hmmmm I think Dougie has done a good thing by appointing MON now...

The takeover (if any - but i strongly believe it will happen) will takes weeks maybe months to complete!

I dont think having MON in now will 'put off' Lerner or any other bidders.

Having MON in now means he has time (even tho is quite short) to manage final couple of weeks of pre-season and get a feel of the team.... he may even manage to get a few cheap players in to help for the mean time!

Even tho aktins has done a good job as caretaker I'd rather have MON in for the start of the season.

I do think the takeover will happen.... cant see MON agreeing to work under doug.... there must have been some gentlemens agreement between the two.

I think its all good news and the best option as takeover take weeks to complete.

Gavin, some people on here better informed than me assure us Doug had NOTHING to do with hiring MON other than assuring him that he wont be around for long.