Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if thats true 100% thats great news. but why were SSN so certain it wasnt lerners men? cover up perhaps?

I dont think anyone knows who they were tbh, apart from the chauffeur guy they had

Well if it's true what many on here say about Howell being in Ellis's pocket, then surely Howell would be correct in what he says about the 3 yanks being part of the Lerner bid??

so a statement is going to be made?

it could be regarding a press conference which could

a) be the new manager if villa

b)new owners

man i hope its today the aappointment, i gotta work tomorrow and will miss it if it occurs tomorrow! :evil:

I dont think anyone knows who they were tbh, apart from the chauffeur guy they had

If you read the B'Ham Mail article today shown in MON & AVO^ thread claims these guys were indeed Lerner's guys who've been at VP sorting it all out for days..

Maybe Randy's back on Long Island in Newhampton catching up on ALL the emails

he's bin sent by incensed Villa fans!

so a statement is going to be made?

it could be regarding a press conference which could

a) be the new manager if villa

b)new owners

man i hope its today the aappointment, i gotta work tomorrow and will miss it if it occurs tomorrow! :evil:

You watch it will be neither, it will be some bollocks like building of the new training facilities have started again, or Doug isnt selling to no one! Infact it could be one of a hundred things!

But it better be those two suggestions Demitri!!!

'

They were reporting that they are expecting a statement to be released by the club today.....? Whats all that about then?

I doubt it will be to reveal a new manager, it will be either 'the bids are all in and we are going to have a few days of consideration' or 'the new owners are....' hope it's the latter. I doubt it will be a new manager revealing, but I could be wrong!!

'

They were reporting that they are expecting a statement to be released by the club today.....? Whats all that about then?

I doubt it will be to reveal a new manager, it will be either 'the bids are all in and we are going to have a few days of consideration' or 'the new owners are....' hope it's the latter. I doubt it will be a new manager revealing, but I could be wrong!!

Sorry mate no could about it, I'd be very suprised if a manager was announced today!

'

I'd say it was more likely to be the new manager then new owners. Either that or they will say, we dont have new owners yet, the search is on going.

I'd say it was more likely to be the new manager then new owners.

It makes no sense for Doug to bring a man in, or for any manager to negotiate with Doug. But then when did Villa ever make sense!!

We've learnt to expect anything at Villa. Did they say a time when it would be? Dont think i could handle another day in front of SSN.

My guess is that somebody has made a formal bid. Up until now, there have only been "indicative" offers. Today we might find out that one or more of the consortia are serious.

Don't expect a statement today, it's VERY unlikely.

You may be right. They said expecting... but women who are expecting wait for nine months...

Today we might find out that one or more of the consortia are serious.

I think you may be right. Correct me if i'm wrong but we've had two concrete offers haven't we?

1) Neville

2) Athole Still ?

SSN are reporting that the americans shown around yesterday are NOT involved with the Lerner bid and are also reporting the club WILL make some form of statement later today. A statement about what I don't know!

I really hope that this is resolved sooner rather than later as I do replacing DOL.

If Doug were (how I wish) to accept say Lerner's bid, does he have any legal obligation to listen to any of the other potential bids?? Or can he say, 'I've found the buyer I'm looking for, club sold'?

Don't expect a statement today, it's VERY unlikely.

You may be right. They said expecting... but women who are expecting wait for nine months...

Today we might find out that one or more of the consortia are serious.

I think you may be right. Correct me if i'm wrong but we've had two concrete offers haven't we?

1) Neville

2) Athole Still ?

I didnt think Still had made a bid?

If Doug were (how I wish) to accept say Lerner's bid, does he have any legal obligation to listen to any of the other potential bids?? Or can he say, 'I've found the buyer I'm looking for, club sold'?

I think he has to make a statement to the stock exchange that the offer has been accepted, and make recommendations to other shareholders. Because Rothschilds are carefully monitoring all negotiations, I'd say it is in their interests to finalise the deal promptly.