Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know SSN stated that there probably not linked to Lerner.... but i cant see a 5th consortium coming in at this stage

i may have misread the 'american businessmen' abit too far but with rumours suggesting lerner is about to make a bid it kidda makes sense to have american representives about VP

IMO

I wont belive its a 5th consortium until its reported and we know the consortiums name.

I'm taking things as Lerner is defo still interested and didnt want to face Ellis again and sent 'his people' to go over the assets again before tendering a bid

if they were linked to lerner then why would they be looking around bodymoor, didnt lerner do that himself last week?

Yeah he did, but have you ever bought a house before? you always take 2 looks before buying!!

:yawn: :roll: :yawn: :roll: :yawn: :roll:

Dont know how much more of this i can take! There is a new bidder every day or some one drops out or some one is spotted or Oneil is set to be appointed or Phillips is leaving or Doug is staying.

if they were linked to lerner then why would they be looking around bodymoor, didnt lerner do that himself last week?

Dosent mean they are not linked to Lerner from what ive heard they were there today to take one final look around the place and check the books before putting in bid

I hope Ellis isn't just trying to avoid selling or playing bids off each other again.

Any potential bidder would have to go through Rothchilds first I would imagine. At the end of the day Doug has a legal duty to investigate all potential proposals. If it is therefore a new bidder Doug can't just tell them to feck off.

I know SSN stated that there probably not linked to Lerner.... but i cant see a 5th consortium coming in at this stage

I agree too late in day, however as a PLC AVFC are duty bound to explore any serious approaches

Maybe they're American builders etc sent into to sort out improvements at B Heath by Lerner........ or maybe Lerner has sent over his representatives to sort it all out as he has no intention of ever coming back to Villa Park until ELLIS has left the building?!!!

this is going form sublime to ridoclous, surely rothschilds has to put a deadline on this and tell people to put in written bids by say the end of the week.

this can and should not be allowed to go on any further.

Unless of course this is all smoke and mirrors

i think its gotta be lerners men, howell would have picked it up if it was another group wanting villa. im hoping its lerners people. man this needs to speed up. not long before the season starts and we need this to hurry up.

i think its gotta be lerners men, howell would have picked it up if it was another group wanting villa.

I can't believe how all of a sudden Howell knows everything thats happening at Villa. 2 weeks ago the majority of Villa fans had him down as knowing **** all. Whats changed?

i think its gotta be lerners men, howell would have picked it up if it was another group wanting villa.

I can't believe how all of a sudden Howell knows everything thats happening at Villa. 2 weeks ago the majority of Villa fans had him down as knowing **** all. Whats changed?

He read this message board. :winkold:

He read this message board. :winkold:

You might be right. I hope Howell is spot on with what hes saying but my opinion of him hasn't changed just because I like what hes saying at the moment. FFS it was only 10 days ago we was all e mailing the Evening Mail screaming about what a clown he was.

IMO

Why not ???

Might even be a sixth, someone no one expected who has been looking longer than all the others, who may even be favourites and may now be in the lead.

Now you are starting to see what I was on about last night when everyone was sure it was Lerner done and dusted, its far from that.

As Mr Fear said when he was on SSN. We all say ITSOP (which is internationally famous now since its been on SSN assume so well done who ever it was who came up with it)........ In the board room with the Cheque Book Open.

Wow its just like last summer all over again but a takeover instead of baros or berson the summer before...... we got them in the end!

Personally I still don't like Howell and can't believe his reporting. Overall he hasn't said anything we haven't already seen on this MB - often in advance of his so called exclusives and reports!

And listening to him earlier today on SSN was horrendous! You would have thought he was talking officially on behalf of AVFC not because he is Ellis's lapdog.