Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RantinRob
Can this be closed? it depresses me.

But you don't wanna do thaaaaaaat.......

you KNOW we will have "the last laugh" :?

Yeah. Can't wait till 2019 when Doug finally leaves! :roll:

If it were closed down it would depress me even more. It would mean there is no hope of a takeover and I still cling to that hope although where when once I thought it was around 50/50 that a bid would be accepted it now seems nearer 1 in a hundred or worse. :cry:

Come on you Irish! Come on you Russians! Come on somebody! Let's be having you!

Yeah. Can't wait till 2019 when Doug finally leaves! :roll:

we wont have the last laugh. He will when he dies and leaves us to sharks to be ripped apart.... whilst we are in the championship.

we are still in the bid situation, which means that this thread is valid until either Ellis forces Neville to make a bid (he won't, it suits him) or Neville withdraws, but won't as it helps Ellis !!!

And it helps us keep up with what out next owner has been up to in his retirement.

http://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/news_detail.aspx?articleid=16428

Its biggest customers are Pubfolio, the company owned by coat hangar magnate Peter Shalson, which has around 450 pubs, and Jack Petchey, the property investor who bought 260 pubs from Punch at the start of the year.

In today's Sunday Mercury Graham Hill writes that our "takeover saga" could take another twist this week with fresh interest in the club expecting to emerge. He adds that it is understood that a fresh development could soon be made although Villa are not thought to be planning any imminent announcements. Would they not have to due to those stock market rules they often use as a reason to say nothing?

So is it a new consortium who are about to show their hand (as Hill suggests)? He also claims that a number of parties have shown interest in the club since Rothchild's appointment. Or is Ray Ranson back or has Mike Neville now found the replacement backing he needed for the original bid? Time will tell but it seems that nobody at Villa Park are in a hurry to do so.

Of course there are no direct quotes but let's hope the Russians or someone else is coming and the sooner the better. And if the chairman is not prepared to accept any reasonable bid then why not raise our glasses to a hostile takeover as I fear that is likely to be the only way we will remove the chairman pending the box.

So is it a new consortium who are about to show their hand (as Hill suggests)? He also claims that a number of parties have shown interest in the club since Rothchild's appointment. Or is Ray Ranson back or has Mike Neville now found the replacement backing he needed for the original bid? Time will tell but it seems that nobody at Villa Park are in a hurry to do so.

To be honest,, I'd put it down to the idea that the AGM is coming up in a couple of months,

To be honest,, I'd put it down to the idea that the AGM is coming up in a couple of months

Yes John you have most likely hit the nail on the head he will need another bid to deflect everyone for yet another time. :roll: :roll:

To be honest,, I'd put it down to the idea that the AGM is coming up in a couple of months,

How many times is that now? ALWAYS before the AGM!

DOUG OUT.

So can one of you bean counters explain to me the following.....as far as we know no bid has been made. We are not currently going through 'due dilligence', Comers seem out of it so why are we still classed as being in a 'bid situation' by the LSE?.

Guest RantinRob

Because Evil Ellis said so

P.S, Why have J. Lerwill and H. Ellis never been spotted in the same room?

I think we should be told