Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that another smilie i see Dratly?.. i know i've been a huge influence on you but bloody hell!! :D..

As for the takeover!!, I read on another site that the club is being touted all around europe and even some parts on south america!!, I just hope the damn thing is done by the end of the season because more of this "it's on it's off" fiasco will be painfull when the transfer market reopens,

It was just your segreggation of fans that irked me. Many get lumped into the Tic Tac brigade despite valid and well thought out points of view.

I'm not segregating anyone, pigeonholing for effect maybe, but that's all.

Whilst I have no objection to you splitting people up into groups based on their opinions, as this is something that happens within academic historiography all the time, I do object to the names you give these groups. You give the groups the names you do for effect of rhetoric, whereas if your arguments were strong enough, you would not need to.

As for whether people use these terms all the time; a term having slipped into a language game doesn't give it any more validity or credence in terms of its argumentative value, it just means that it is a term in use.

What you do not realise is that when you do this "for effect," you may also be having the effect of a) offending those who disagree with you, B) turning away those who may potentially agree with you, c) annoying those who already agree with you because they get lumped in as "name callers" as well. In fact, the only people it does convince are the people who were convinced by you anyway. And if you're presenting an argument solely for their benefit, you're not producing a very good argument.

this is from a post on H&V and I aam sure no-one will mind me posting this as it is interesting news and backs up certain people's information that the club has been touted around.

Hey,

This is my first post, but I have been following this forum for the past few years. I live down South now, but its been great to continue to follow real Villa fans.

I wanted to let you know my take on the Villa takeover. I work in M & A, and the Villa takeover has become somewhat of a talking point amongst the younger staff members.

As we all know, Rothschild have been appointed to try to sell Villa, but im sure many of you will be surprised how widely the selling document has been circulated, basically to the whole of Europe and some parts of South America (also we have reports of Russian interest, the rich are trying to get their money out of Russia as fast as possible!)

In relation to the Comer takeover, its just my personal opinion but im are not even convinced due diligence has started, the various stages of this for a transaction this size take at least a few months, so don't expect anything soon!

Anyways, thats it for now! UP THE VILLA!

n relation to the Comer takeover, its just my personal opinion but im are not even convinced due diligence has started

I think Mr Neville has told us it has started and I see no reason to doubt him myself.

this is from a post on H&V ..etc...

I'm not knocking H&V or the poster on there who wrote that, but it seems like a statement of the bleedin' obvious.

Rothschilds have been appointed by the club to sell Ellis's shares for him (how very generous of the club to do that, btw) and Woah! they've only gone and told people that there's a sale on down VP way!

Strewth. Who'd-a-thunk it!

In the next revealing episode, viewers, we learn how estate agents circulate details of houses for sale.....

What did he expect Rothschilds to do - put an ad in the classifieds of the Evening Mail? Print off one black and white copy the details and loan it out to anyone who came knocking at their door?

this is from a post on H&V ..etc...

I'm not knocking H&V or the poster on there who wrote that, but it seems like a statement of the bleedin' obvious.

Bit harsh aren't you? Given that there has been a fair amount of scepticism about the Rothschilds appointment, with some saying on here that it might be no more than a publicity stunt, I for one was interested to see such a confirmation that the club is being offered around the globe.

Whether I think anything good will come of it is another matter.

It is a question of who we all believe and each of us are free to make a choice there. I tend to believe that the deal could have been done if hurdles had not been added at each and every opportunity. I also tend to see no reason to take the word of a proven liar and the people he has appointed at B6 above the consortium that are still the only option available for change and have yet to pull the plug.

Bit harsh aren't you?

Nah!

Given that there has been a fair amount of scepticism about the Rothschilds appointment, with some saying on here that it might be no more than a publicity stunt, I for one was interested to see such a confirmation that the club is being offered around the globe.

Personally speaking my only scepticism is that it's the club paying, not Ellis - it is after all Ellis's shares they're touting, on Ellis's behalf, at the behest of Ellis, essentially. The sceptisicm is that if he doesn't want to sell ( I don't share this view - I think he does want to sell) then by appointing someone to "ask for bidders/provide ideas" he isn't perhaps just holding off criticism. Like I say it's not a view I share, though I understand why people do have that doubt.

Anyway, when the plc announced it to the LSE, it has to be true.

Whether I think anything good will come of it is another matter.

Indeed.

Blandy wrote:

it's the club paying, not Ellis - it is after all Ellis's shares they're touting, on Ellis's behalf, at the behest of Ellis,

Very true, the club always foots the bill where he is concerned after all he is the self appointed Mr Aston Villa. :roll:

Personally speaking my only scepticism is that it's the club paying, not Ellis - it is after all Ellis's shares they're touting, on Ellis's behalf, at the behest of Ellis, essentially. The sceptisicm is that if he doesn't want to sell ( I don't share this view - I think he does want to sell) then by appointing someone to "ask for bidders/provide ideas" he isn't perhaps just holding off criticism. Like I say it's not a view I share, though I understand why people do have that doubt.

I'm not sure about this.

Yes - Ellis is using the club to sell his shares. But in the same breath, he couldn't get Rothchilds in to sell his shares only and claim that that is a takeover of the club. Because it's not - it's only buying out his share.

They are selling the club - the entire club - with the majority of shareholders needing to agree to the purchase. As such, they have to do it through the club itself.

Sucks, eh? But that's what happens when you own the majority share.

What did he expect Rothschilds to do - put an ad in the classifieds of the Evening Mail? Print off one black and white copy the details and loan it out to anyone who came knocking at their door?

they are having an open day...

free sausage rolls and some flat fanta to entice potential buyers in...

What this article does raise is that IF Ellis was in anyway likely to sell to Comer and Co WHY would Rothschild go to the tme and considerable expence of producing and publishing glossy materials to distribute world wide offering the club for sale?

It confirms the information I had in late December (page 14 of this thread) that Ellis has no intention whatsoever to sell to Neville, Comer et al.

WHY would Rothschild go to the tme and considerable expence of producing and publishing glossy materials to distribute world wide offering the club for sale?

It does not cost them anything Denis so they will do what they would need to do to sell the club and then charge the club for doing so in the expectation that it really is for sale. Whether the old man ever had any intention of selling to the consortium and whether he has any intention of selling if Rothschild do find a buyer is still open to question. He might have strung this bid a little further than he did the Ranson one for his own purposes and appointing Rothschild may just be another stunt that he sees as taking pressure off himself at no cost to himself. One thing is for sure, he really needs to go now for the sake of the future of the club. I think he knows that, but I think he will only go if it suits him to do so and at the present it seems that he has decided it does not (is he waiting for a last FA Cup appearance in the new royal box)?

What this article does raise is that IF Ellis was in anyway likely to sell to Comer and Co WHY would Rothschild go to the tme and considerable expence of producing and publishing glossy materials to distribute world wide offering the club for sale?

It confirms the information I had in late December (page 14 of this thread) that Ellis has no intention whatsoever to sell to Neville, Comer et al.

Something that maybe a child could have made up and posted confirms nothing.

I'm not say that a child made it up and posted, but it could have been.