Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

On the one hand we have Ellis wanting at least 65 million

On the other hand we have a group who have 65 million but don't want to spend more than, well much less shall we say

So to force the issue the Villa board employ Rothchilds

Then out come accounts and various 'informed' articles reflecting on the valuation and use of the land around Villa Park. Wonder who told them that, who did the research on the planning permission a keen journo, I think not.

Meanwhile sitting in reserve is another investor or three with money in big bags waiting to join the fray, trouble is they also value the club much lower, they of course are speculators looking to make a quick buck.

But wait, soon perhaps they might start to become the wanted option, should articles suddenly start appearing suggesting they are football men with progressive ideas biting the bit to get to run a club Oh they have.

What seems unlikely is that another fairy godfather is out there waiting to give Ellis so much money he can die and be buried in a gold lined casket, wonder how long before someone persuades him.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for the first time in weeks and maybe months there was nothing on the takeover or not in the Mercury or any news paper, in fact after the Mail's spurt a couple of weeks ago it seems to be the unmentionable subject.

some people expected as soon as thge transfer window shut that wwe would hear the deal was off but this has not come about.

No Ellis statements.

Are Rothschilds now running the show and telling everyone to shut the **** up ??

Has a half decent run of form shut people up ?

Is it all a conspiracy ?

I think the grim reaper knocking at his door may well be persuausion enough.

If anyone has seen any pictures of him recently, he doesn't look at all well.

Well, they don't call him the grim reaper for nothing I suppose.

yes, boney hands and all that ............ 8)

in fact after the Mail's spurt a couple of weeks ago it seems to be the unmentionable subject.

This is the one aspect that has really baffled me. A couple of weeks ago the Mail took the lofty position of demanding answers from the club - as at the very least, the fans deserved it

No answers have been forthcoming and yet the Mail see no need in demanding answers anymore - I suppose they think we are not as deserving anymore?!

this whole saga has been strange, from day one - and it would seem that nothing is now happening

for the first time in weeks and maybe months there was nothing on the takeover or not in the Mercury or any news paper, in fact after the Mail's spurt a couple of weeks ago it seems to be the unmentionable subject.

some people expected as soon as thge transfer window shut that wwe would hear the deal was off but this has not come about.

No Ellis statements.

Are Rothschilds now running the show and telling everyone to shut the **** up ??

Has a half decent run of form shut people up ?

Is it all a conspiracy ?

i still fully expect it to fail...

in fact after the Mail's spurt a couple of weeks ago it seems to be the unmentionable subject.

This is the one aspect that has really baffled me. A couple of weeks ago the Mail took the lofty position of demanding answers from the club - as at the very least, the fans deserved it

No answers have been forthcoming and yet the Mail see no need in demanding answers anymore - I suppose they think we are not as deserving anymore?!

this whole saga has been strange, from day one - and it would seem that nothing is now happening

thats the point Gareth, almost the day afterwards we had the Rothschilds announcement and the mail did not even comment on it apart from reporting it as a news story ...

and Ellis shut up ....

thats why I hardly post in any other topic now, we are all repeating teh same arguments and it seems we are frozen waiting for something.

andy - I know you do, but would you have expected it by now ?

Bottom line: Ellis hasn't got long left but he is being like he has been in every transaction, trying to squeeze every last penny out of the deal.

What an 82 year old wants with all that cash is beying me, considering the inheritance tax he will have to pay on it.

Interesting how, since Rothschilds were appointed, that there haven't been any leaks to the press about the takeover. I take that as a sign that the whole thing is now being managed in a professional way.