Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

Quite funny if he got beaten in the biggest and final deal of his life

I agree & it sort of prooves us all right in the end, the geezer could never ever see the big picture of either football or business. I think the deal is done & all this Bolox smells of Ellis. This is all smoke from him. I predict the following to come out of Ellis:-

"After weeks of hard ball I have got X more millions for the club"

translation for the real world

"Could have been done months ago but I thought I would string it out a bit too make out I am a hard nosed Business man when everyone knows I am a blue nosed tosser. I am sitting pretty now with millions of pounds in my bank & all i gave them was the 2 oke coke cups in 20 years"

LOL :lol::lol: Post of the day imo

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But wait...there's more!

Consortium 'still talking' to Villa

11/01/2006 - 15:38:38

The consortium striving to buy Aston Villa have rubbished reports the £64m (€93m) bid for the midlands club has collapsed.

Sources close to Irish property magnates Brian and Luke Comer insist claims the deal was dead and buried were “totally wrong and “not true” and that both sides were “still talking”.

There has been speculation the consortium, which also includes Villa fan and frontman Michael Neville, are around £10m (€14.5m) short of meeting the asking price.

But suggestions they have already pulled the plug on any possible takeover have been quashed.

Villa chairman Doug Ellis has indicated he is willing to sell after more than two decades at the helm if any interested parties can meet the asking price.

A £47m (€68.3m) bid from a consortium including ex-Manchester City player Ray Ranson was rejected in the summer.

It had been hoped the takeover would be completed by Christmas and there have since been claims and counter-claims from both sides as to how close a deal is to being struck.

But the delay means it unlikely Villa manager David O’Leary will have any money to spend before the January transfer window closes.

Villa spokesman Phil Mepham said: “As far as we are concerned, we have not been informed of any changes to the current position.”

Meanwhile, Ellis is back at his Villa Park after undergoing a minor operation on Monday and dismissed claims his health should be a cause for concern.

The 82-year-old underwent triple bypass heart surgery in June and was back working within two months.

Ellis would not go into details of his latest surgery but said: “I’m fine. I had a procedure under anaesthetic on Monday. It was just a very small operation and I was back in the office the same day.”

this is just baffling and backs up Pete's point of brinkmanship doesn't.

ellis wants to sell but at a premuim

the Comer's have looked at the books and won't pay the premuium

Leaks from all ......

Even though niether have to issue a statement to the LSE so far would this be allowed at a bigger club ?

The old idiot just wont realise hes past the job. And getting the most money for the club is nt a good deal for anyone but him and petchey. it leaves us with less and him with more. I really hope he goes and the new owners rename the witton.

Why wouldnt the Comer's claim to be £10m short? You don't become self-made billionaires by throwing an extra £10m at something just to save time.

And conversely, you don't become a millionaire by selling things for less than someone is prepared to pay (even if it is over-priced).

Its business. Hard nosed business. Bluff, smokescreens and bluster. And we're caught in the middle. There's no point getting worked up about it. Just sit back and try to enjoy the ride.

Takeover could be done by new year

shouldnt this thread be locked ? :winkold:

No wink required. Other people thought the "takeover is dead" thred should be locked because of a PR statement from someone not putting up any money.

Maybe we could have a sticky thread for the next couple of years, so all the blx spoken about takeovers could be kept in one place?

Nothing happening here, please move on.

As was said on this thread previously, its a negotiating stance.

Everything has been agreed - apart from the price.

Which could be a rather large sticking block. That was why neville proclaimed a deal complait before xmas, to put pressure upon cuddly to sell up at his price.

Cuddly would rather sit in his bathing chair, with no notion of selling up, but with an AGM and a transfer window succesfully negotiated.

Meanwhile, Ellis is back at his Villa Park after undergoing a minor operation on Monday and dismissed claims his health should be a cause for concern.

The 82-year-old underwent triple bypass heart surgery in June and was back working within two months.

Ellis would not go into details of his latest surgery but said: “I’m fine. I had a procedure under anaesthetic on Monday. It was just a very small operation and I was back in the office the same day.”

Did the old fool pay them to insert this into the article?

from ICBirmingham practically the same as what chris posted

Mystery over Villa takeover Jan 11 2006

By Jon Griffin,Birmingham Mail

THE outcome of the long-running Villa takeover saga remained shrouded in mystery today amid reports the Irish consortium was £10 million short of meeting the asking price.

Aston Villa appeared to quash reports that Irish property magnates Brian and Luke Comer had already pulled out of the deal - but there was no indication that any agreement was imminent.

Villa spokesman Phil Mepham today told the Birmingham Mail: "We have not been informed of any changes to the current position."

He said Villa was not planning to make any statement to the Stock Exchange.

Meanwhile, Michael Neville, the frontman for the proposed £64 million takeover by the Comers, could not be contacted for comment.

But an insider, who asked not to be named, said: "There's no doubt that Doug Ellis wants to sell - he wanted to settle the deal before Christmas but the consortium are still trying to raise the money.

"The word is that they are about £10 million short. They can't raise enough money to meet the asking price. There are serious concerns about the sums of money available."

The Mail revealed before Christmas that the takeover bid had reached due diligence stage - detailed examination of both parties' accounts - and Mr Neville said he was hopeful a deal could be agreed by the New Year.

But he later said no potential agreement was likely before mid-January as speculation grew that the takeover talks, which have been dragging on since October, would eventually come to a halt.

Ellis told shareholders at the annual meeting in October that he hoped to be able to provide more information within a month but has consistently refused to make any further public comment since.

I am beginning to ask serious questions about the ability of these irish brothers to run Villa. Running a football club means you generally aren't in it for a profit making exercise. These brothers aren't even interested in football. We could end up in a situation where there is no cash to buy players season in season out, just like now really.

I am beginning to ask serious questions about the ability of these irish brothers to run Villa. Running a football club means you generally aren't in it for a profit making exercise. These brothers aren't even interested in football. We could end up in a situation where there is no cash to buy players season in season out, just like now really.

I refer the honourable gentleman to the the post I made last night ;-)

I refer the honourable gentleman to the the post I made last night ;-)

Just read it and I am beginning to agree.

At least the Glazers had an interest in Sports. These people have no interest whatsoever.

There was an interview with the chairmn of Leyton Orient and he basically said you don't take over a football club to mke money, you'd never get the books to balance.

He never met with Ellis then.