Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was my point... it relates to Ranson and Thompson... a bid which didnt go through... my point was that just because its appeared on the same table doesn't mean that all is done and dusted. That is old news, that's the point.

BUT Ranson and Thompson did make an offer, and I think that if an offer has not been made already, it is very very close.

Sorry Ickle, mis understood.

But the point stands that Villa have been on that list since November, this is not a new development and just signifies that the company is in a bid situation, it does not reflect the progress or the status of the bid.

As no-one answered before I'll ask again...

Are they JUST buying Ellis's shares?

If so, does he get ALL of the £64m??

If cuddly agrees to sell his 33% (c£21m), then they are obliged to extend the same price to all other shareholders.

So £64m is for all 100% of the club, cuddly will get £21m, his family £3m, JP £13m, and me thruppence happeny.

That was my point... it relates to Ranson and Thompson... a bid which didnt go through... my point was that just because its appeared on the same table doesn't mean that all is done and dusted. That is old news, that's the point.

BUT Ranson and Thompson did make an offer, and I think that if an offer has not been made already, it is very very close.

Sorry Ickle, mis understood.

But the point stands that Villa have been on that list since November, this is not a new development and just signifies that the company is in a bid situation, it does not reflect the progress or the status of the bid.

Fair enough.

As no-one answered before I'll ask again...

Are they JUST buying Ellis's shares?

If so, does he get ALL of the £64m??

If cuddly agrees to sell his 33% (c£21m), then they are obliged to extend the same price to all other shareholders.

So £64m is for all 100% of the club, cuddly will get £21m, his family £3m, JP £13m, and me thruppence happeny.

Thanks mate.

Does anyone else have the feeling that even if they take over doug will stay and throw spanners left and right??

it will hopefully be expertly managed like the ken bates / chelsea scenario

From above link:

Villa deal "still weeks away"

Jan 3 2006

By Jon Griffin, Birmingham Mail

THE long-running takeover battle at Aston Villa now looks set to drag on into late this month, it emerged today.

Although talks have now reached the due diligence stage, businessman Michael Neville revealed today that a possible agreement on the £64.4 million takeover was at least a fortnight away.

"Nothing is likely to happen for the next two weeks. Another two weeks and there should be more," he told the Mail.

Mr Neville, who is fronting the takeover bid for Irish property developers Brian and Luke Comer, said before Christmas that a potential deal could be just days away - and revealed he was "very upbeat" about completion of the transaction.

The speculation of a prospective deal prompted the business consortium to issue a statement to the Stock Exchange revealing that an acquisition vehicle - Aston Villa Investments Ltd (Avil) - had been formed to help drive the takeover.

The statement said: "Discussions are ongoing with Aston Villa PLC's advisers. Due diligence is progressing and Avil is focused on settling its financing arrangements.

"Avil also wishes to make it clear that it is committed to concluding a transaction on terms acceptable to the major shareholders of Aston Villa and to enable the club to prosper in the future."

In an interview with a national newspaper at the weekend, Villa manager David O'Leary said the club was ripe for a potential takeover.

The Villa boss said: "We've given the club a more solid base, got rid of a lot of players, taken the wage bill down and turned it into a club who are maybe attractive for a takeover."

But the revelation that any deal is at least two weeks away will increase speculation that the haggling could yet scupper an agreement.

From above link:

Villa deal "still weeks away"

Jan 3 2006

But the revelation that any deal is at least two weeks away will increase speculation that the haggling could yet scupper an agreement.

aaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:bang:

We should´ve that Pompey Russian instead...that could put up money to shut Ellis down.

The Comer Group doesnt seem to have enough power to make a quick deal...or...most likely...Ellis is taking his time because he´s old and senil..forget who he talked to a few minutes ago so they´ve been starting the discussions on and on...

I´m nervous that this will end in a big farce...like the evergoing hunt for Berson...and when he comes to the club they never use him...or use him properly.

tricella it's completely different due to numerous things, PLC being one, but also because Mandaric isn't selling up as I see it more accepting investment, something else the Ellis hasn't ever looked for

THE long-running takeover battle at Aston Villa now looks set to drag on into late this month, it emerged today.

Although talks have now reached the due diligence stage, businessman Michael Neville revealed today that a possible agreement on the £64.4 million takeover was at least a fortnight away.

"Nothing is likely to happen for the next two weeks. Another two weeks and there should be more," he told the Mail.

Mr Neville, who is fronting the takeover bid for Irish property developers Brian and Luke Comer, said before Christmas that a potential deal could be just days away - and revealed he was "very upbeat" about completion of the transaction.

The speculation of a prospective deal prompted the business consortium to issue a statement to the Stock Exchange revealing that an acquisition vehicle - Aston Villa Investments Ltd (Avil) - had been formed to help drive the takeover.

The statement said: "Discussions are ongoing with Aston Villa PLC's advisers. Due diligence is progressing and Avil is focused on settling its financing arrangements.

"Avil also wishes to make it clear that it is committed to concluding a transaction on terms acceptable to the major shareholders of Aston Villa and to enable the club to prosper in the future."

In an interview with a national newspaper at the weekend, Villa manager David O'Leary said the club was ripe for a potential takeover.

The Villa boss said: "We've given the club a more solid base, got rid of a lot of players, taken the wage bill down and turned it into a club who are maybe attractive for a takeover."

well theres a surprise....

wouldnt surprise me if this "haggling" lasts another 2 weeks on top of this and amazingly the deal collapses just after the transfer window shuts as ellis suddenly realises that the group HE picked to deal with out of those interested, were only after our land after all....

im more and more convinced that this wont happen and ellis is using this deal to deflect attention away from spending in the january window, as each day passes...

Even more reason to accept that we will not be involved in transfer dealings this window

Which I think Ellis was forced to make clear.

His prevarification could be ruining the club, he's forced O'leary to cut costs and spend little to make the plc a more viable proposition.

Again the club suffers for the old mans benefit.

Would 3 mill for a top CB make so much difference?

Ellis obviously thinks so

Guest RantinRob
do mike baldwin(coronation street) and doug ellis have anything in common

er! where am i????????

heh, I like amusing first posts :winkold:

Welcome to Sheepsville

There's a lot of chatter - 30 odd pages of it - on something most people would (with conditions) probably like to see happen.

The thing is none of us actually know much.

As far as I can tell what we do know is that Neville/Comers have approached Ellis and Petchey with an interest in maybe buying them out. Both appear to have rsponded with a cautious "OK"

Petchey because he would get his profit on his investment and Ellis because he would get 20 million quid and (bizzarely) get to keep his "job".

We also know that no formal offer has been made.

We also know that the Comers/Neville are looking at the books. Due Dilligence is a 2 way street, however, in which both sides of a deal check to make sure that what they think they are getting out of the deal, really is what they will get.

We don't know whether the hold up is down to Ellis/Petchey or down to Neville/Comers.

The club has said almost nothing and the Prospective New owners not much more. Maybe this is all down to LSE regulations on take-overs and share price sensitivity, or maybe one or both sides have a vested interest in keeping their cards close to their chest.

That the club has said "yes we've had an enquiry which we are taking seriously (plus some bluster about Ellis...best interests of Villa..take the club forward...etc)

and Neville has said "Ellis..nice to deal with...next week...no not next week, maybe another 2..." can lead you to read whatever you want into the situation.

Some think Ellis must be holding it up, some that Neville/Comer are chancers, or are out to asset strip, or are doing things entirely properly...

It's disappointing perhaps that as shareholders and/or fans we are not being told more about any potential plans the new lot might have for the club, but our time will come.

IF Petchey and Ellis do sell, then the new guys will be required to offer the same terms for our chares, and there are a lot of us - than 25 million quids worth of us (approx).

If as fans we are convinced they have the good of the club at heart, and will put money in, are here for the long term betterment of the club, then a good number of us (and a lot of money) will not need to be spent on buying our shares - i.e. a lot of us could say "no ta, we'll hold on to the shares, saving you having to pay for them, and the money can go to bettering the club, in line with what you've told us"

On the other hand, if they don't tell us what they are up to, we may sell - and they have to buy, and then they're 25 million quid worse off than they would have been (at the extreme).

There may be other ways of looking at it, but I think that the silence will need to end soon, from Neville/Comers if they are to to a) save themselves some money, and B) be trusted.

Equally, a statement from the club, detailing the current situation, and informing all the shareholders as to what is up would be an exercise in good communication.

But, still, no offer has actually been made.

I'd like to know what the reason is. Price too high?, or potential for earnings not as good as believed? or what?