• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah he does Owe a bit to us. I know thats an arrogant view but he would have spent last year in the Championship and would probably have never played for England if Oneill hadnt rescued him from Newcastle.

Lets face it though, this is exceptionally similar to the Barry situation.

Winger Moved to Centre Midfield by Genius Manager.

Said player attracts attention of England manager.

Player Moves to Manchester **** City.

Upset.

The history of transfer windows is littered with examples of players saying they are 100% committed to their club, only to move on within days so any statement from Milner to that effect would not really have reassured me

It would have reassured me.

However, there is no reason to plunge into self-immolating doom and gloom as some posters seem to be doing.

Really? Who?

Me!

Im now worried that Im going to have to watch the world cup with that Ill feeling we had with Barry 2 years ago. Instead of cheering on Milner im going to be paranoid that he's on his way and i wont know what to do!

Thankfully there are others around who are more rational than I.

id be gutted if he went to be honest, i dont care what money man city offer i wouldnt sell him. this is about us progressing as a club and to do that you need to keep your best players at whatever cost. Im not forking out for a season ticket every season if it means were gonna sell our best player at the end of it. If Milner goes, it will be ashley young next summer then gabby and so on. I'm seriously starting to wonder if theres any point in following football anymore with clubs like man city about.

I'm seriously starting to wonder if theres any point in following football anymore with clubs like man city about.

Football is about more than just the money.

Unfortunately, however, if you want to be really successful you have to have loads of it!

I'm seriously starting to wonder if theres any point in following football anymore with clubs like man city about.

Unfortunately, however, if you want to be really successful you have to have loads of it!

yep i know what ur saying, but were never gonna have loads of it. Which means were have our best players taken off us every summer.

The question is, would you swap what we have for what city have?

Never in a million years. Ever.

I think you'll sell him. But I think it will MON's choice and personally I think it will be the rigth choice. You will great crazy money for him and replace him with a player that will do just as well, but only cost 40% of what you get for Milner. I don't want it to happen, but I think you'll buy Jenas. Most of you will go mad and say he's shit, but after 6 months, I think opinion will change. He'll score as many from CM as Milner, create as much, pass as much, tackle more and cover more ground. I'm sure you'll all shudder at thought of replacing Milner with Jenas, but in my opinion Jenas is the most under rated player around. He's always being called shit, yet so many top mangers seem to rate him and it's because of his all round contribution. For the money you get for Milner you can buy Jenas and Parker and still have money left over for an attacking fullback.

Well there's the thing.

See at our current level I think we are performing about as well as we can. Top 6 finishes good cup runs etc etc.

However the club have a (now) short term aim of getting to the champions league and winning things. I feel if that is the case then we need mega bucks to do it.

Also as a fan of the club I want us to win everything, ultimately I want us to be mega successful and dominate the game with the likes of manure and arsenal. In order to do that you need the dosh.

So I guess I am saying yes.

As much as I'd like to think the opposite - I think his head has been turned. "Villa are a good club" and "it is flattering to be linked.." did it for me. Look at Tim Cahill at Everton and his interviews ''Fantastic club to be, couldn't imagine myself anywhere else etc.'' That's the mindset of a player who wants to stay.

Bye James, let's hope we get £30m for you.

No player is bigger than the club. I also agree with the opinion that Milner owes us an awful lot but if he goes we must get a good deal for him. Obviously ideally I'd like him to stay but I'm not so sure now.

''Fantastic club to be, couldn't imagine myself anywhere else etc.''

Exactly and if Milner had said that it would not have affected his bargaining position at all. Infact quite the opposite. He could say "look I have shown my commitment to the club here, now where is the committment back"

I think you'll sell him. But I think it will MON's choice and personally I think it will be the rigth choice. You will great crazy money for him and replace him with a player that will do just as well, but only cost 40% of what you get for Milner. I don't want it to happen, but I think you'll buy Jenas. Most of you will go mad and say he's shit, but after 6 months, I think opinion will change. He'll score as many from CM as Milner, create as much, pass as much, tackle more and cover more ground. I'm sure you'll all shudder at thought of replacing Milner with Jenas, but in my opinion Jenas is the most under rated player around. He's always being called shit, yet so many top mangers seem to rate him and it's because of his all round contribution. For the money you get for Milner you can buy Jenas and Parker and still have money left over for an attacking fullback.

Can we have a striker please?

Well I'll happily fall into the category of person who doesn't rate Jenas. Even with Stephen Ireland's myriad of problems and question marks over him I would still take him ahead of Jenas because he at least has that something about him where, if he fancies his surroundings, he can be a genuine match-winning quality player. Jenas is being kept out of Spurs by Huddlestone. Now don't get me wrong, I like Huddlestone and wouldn't mind having him here, but if Spurs really rated Jenas they'd have used him more than they did this season. Even before his injury in February he was being used sparingly by candleface.

Also as a fan of the club I want us to win everything, ultimately I want us to be mega successful and dominate the game with the likes of manure and arsenal. In order to do that you need the dosh.

So I guess I am saying yes.

All of us want that Richard. But i suppose its the way we get there.

I personally would prefer the self sufficient progressive growth route, rather than a classless sugar daddy.