The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

TS?

Finally overtook the MMA thread 8)

Thread starter.

And when you have the biggest draw in boxing posting in this thread & making this post right now then it's no surprise that we overtook that thread

TS?

Thread starter.

And when you have the biggest draw in boxing posting in this thread & making this post right now then it's no surprise that we overtook that thread

Yeh, you just started that bent thread.

That's because I have cross-over appeal like all other ATG's. Your name isn't on any marquee's. This is my promotion, I'm my own boss and keep all my posts but 20% of your posts go to someone else. Everyone knows you got the best enhancement drugs

TS?

Thread starter.

That's because I have cross-over appeal like all other ATG's. Your name isn't on any marquee's. This is my promotion, I'm my own boss and keep all my posts but 20% of your posts go to someone else. Everyone knows you got the best enhancement drugs

I'm TheWalletInspector. I'm inspecting everyone's posts for my $$$. Plus I have awesome hair like Lucius Sweet.

TS?

Thread starter.

I'm TheWalletInspector. I'm inspecting everyone's posts for my $$$. Plus I have awesome hair like Lucius Sweet.

Why've you got the Don King look for? It's 2010, not the 80's. You must have woken up in that hot tub time machine

Who's that in your avatar, Gabby?

Valero. Secondsout.com released a documentary about him the other day & it had some great sparring footage on there. Including him stopping Antilion in sparring. Was interesting to see how refined he is in the gym & then how wild he could get in a proper fight

Why've you got the Don King look for? It's 2010, not the 80's. You must have woken up in that hot tub time machine

The Don King look is timeless. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

WBA junior welterweight champion Amir Khan spoke with BBC Sport and said he was interested in an all-British clash with undefeated Kevin Mitchell. Both of them are headlining different events on May 15. Mitchell is fighting Michael Katsidis in the UK. Khan is making his American debut against Paulie Malignaggi in New York. Mitchell is promoted by Frank Warren, who Khan recently left for Golden Boy Promotions.

Khan thinks Mitchell is the next star in Warren's stable and for that reason the British promoter will not make the fight. If the fight happens, Khan has no doubt his skills will will overwhelm Mitchell.

"I'd fancy it, but I don't think they would - Mitchell is Frank Warren's golden boy and I think they want to keep it that way," Khan told BBC Sport. "Frank wouldn't want one of his fighters to get beat by a guy from a different camp. If it did happen, definitely I'd beat him, no doubt about it. He's a good fighter but it would just be a case of hit and move."

Mitchell says Khan is the one who would back away from making the fight happen. He thinks Khan would get chin-checked by power punch combinations.

"I'd want it, but Amir wouldn't - he's been found out," Mitchell countered. "Amir Khan knows the score - he's a good boy and a nice boxer but I think everyone knows now in the boxing world what he's about. He took Paulie Malignaggi instead of taking on his number one mandatory [Marcos Maidana], so I think the Americans know the score as well.

"It's been proven, anyone who can half-punch, Khan's vulnerable against and Maidana can proper punch, which is why they are keeping away from him. He's got an easier opponent than me, definitely - a non-puncher, someone who doesn't throw many, an old boy and someone who Ricky Hatton knocked out two years ago. I'm taking on a ferocious, come-forward puncher who's as angry as they come."

"I'd fancy it, but I don't think they would" - :lol:

1272633832shane_jumpoff.jpg

LOLcano. I hope Floyd puts this up on the big screen at the presser

Did you get let back onto ESB mate?

Did you see that thread in the lounge where they did the forum raid on the muslim website, and all submitted pictures of Mohammed that they'd done on MS Paint? Haven't laughed so much for **** ages :crylaugh:

1272633832shane_jumpoff.jpg

LOLcano. I hope Floyd puts this up on the big screen at the presser

Did you get let back onto ESB mate?

Did you see that thread in the lounge where they did the forum raid on the muslim website, and all submitted pictures of Mohammed that they'd done on MS Paint? Haven't laughed so much for **** ages :crylaugh:

It was only a 4 day ban so I'm back now 8)

I'll have to check out that thread, sounds quality :lol::lol:

Edit: What's the title of the thread?

ITV1 will broadcast live coverage of Amir Khan’s WBA world title defence against Paulie Malignaggi from New York’s Madison Square Garden in the early hours of Sunday May 16th.

The fight, against Brooklyn-based Malignaggi, is Bolton-born Khan’s second defence of his WBA world light-welterweight title and his first ever to be held in the United States..

Presenter Jim Rosenthal will be ringside at the world famous boxing venue, alongside former world champion Barry McGuigan. John Rawling and Duke McKenzie provide commentary.

Coverage will begin at 0245 BST on ITV1. The fight will be repeated later in the morning of Sunday 16th May at 1030BST and on ITV4 at 1930BST.

ITV Controller of Sport, Niall Sloane said: “We are delighted to bring ITV viewers Amir Khan’s first USA outing in defence of his title from the legendary Madison Square Garden.”

Earlier in the day on May 15th, ITV1 broadcasts live coverage of The FA Cup Final from Wembley, as Chelsea take on Portsmouth.

Â