The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

How on earth was the boxer Rocky Fielding beat a world champion ? He looked out of his depth to a boxer who was stopped in the first round by Callum Smith. Another shady German boxer, whose no doubt built his record fighting nobody's. When will boxing clean up it's act, yes, it's improved from what it was, but there's still a lot going on under the table. I mean why isn't drug testing obligatory in Such a dangerous sport ? It boggles the mind, it really does .

The WBA has two world titles a 'super' title and a 'regular' title. I'm not sure what Fielding has really counts, tbh the WBA should no longer be recognised.

Dr, Panglos, tell me your looking forward to the Gassiev fight ? What a mouth watering prospect, two elite fighters putting it all on the line, and to think how the Cruiserweight division, in the past, was so undervalued, these two have certainly brought the division back in the limelight.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Dr, Panglos, tell me your looking forward to the Gassiev fight ? What a mouth watering prospect, two elite fighters putting it all on the line, and to think how the Cruiserweight division, in the past, was so undervalued, these two have certainly brought the division back in the limelight.

Cannot wait! It's the fight I've been looking forward to the most all year. I favour Usyk but it will be very close.

On 15/07/2018 at 09:17, Dr_Pangloss said:

Matthysse is probably very long in the tooth and clearly after tonight finished but I thought Pacquiao, at nearly 40 years old, was unbelievable. He clearly has power but still has the handspeed and combinations behind them, whilst his legs are slower he still has terrific angles from which he can work from. He definitely has quite a bit left in the tank if he wants to go on, but depends on how he's matched. If you put a guy in front of him who will stand there and try and pick him off he is still very dangerous, would be madness to put him in with a Spence or a Crawford but a fight with say Lomachenko would be extremely interesting to me. 

I agree he would get batterd by even one.

How do you think Spence would do against mayweather? I think he could beat mayweather although I accept there is no chance if that fight happening.

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I agree he would get batterd by even one.

How do you think Spence would do against mayweather? I think he could beat mayweather although I accept there is no chance if that fight happening.

At this point of time Spence would annihilate Mayweather.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

16 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Cannot wait! It's the fight I've been looking forward to the most all year. I favour Usyk but it will be very close.

I don't care who wins, the beauty will be in the watching. It's one of them, they don't come round too often fights .

On 18/07/2018 at 08:05, Demitri_C said:

Miller getting into Joshua clearly PR and seeds set for his next fight.

Miller would get absolutely humilated by AJ. He is a terrible boxer.

AJs next two fights are Wembley so no way Baby Miller will be next. If Wilder doesn't sign the contract it will be Joshua Whyte II IMO. 

9 minutes ago, West said:

AJs next two fights are Wembley so no way Baby Miller will be next. If Wilder doesn't sign the contract it will be Joshua Whyte II IMO. 

Why don't you think Miller would come to Wembley? I think he would. It's all being setup. I wouldn't be suprised if the winner of Parker whyte fights wilder next. 

Wilder hasn't even confirmed his next opponent. Crap champion mate.

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Why don't you think Miller would come to Wembley? I think he would. It's all being setup. I wouldn't be suprised if the winner of Parker whyte fights wilder next. 

Wilder hasn't even confirmed his next opponent. Crap champion mate.

Joshua Miller is not a Wembley fight. Povetkin isn't either but the undercard will be pretty decent I'm sure but then the fans will want a big AJ fight after that. That can only be Wilder/Whyte/Fury I reckon. 

The Miller beef is just smart down the line thinking, there aren't much heavyweights around so why not build something to get a bit of interest in this bout. 

• Like 1

Usyk can stop Gassiev here. Gassiev will be getting dizzy for having his head getting constantly knocked back, Gassiev looks tired, will commit more now as well. Usyk will be able to sit down on his punches a bit more. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

120-108 Usyk on mah card. Usyk genuinely found a new level tonight, this is the best he has ever looked, he made Gassiev look like an absolute bum and he is very far from that. Usyk has talked up a heavyweight move and that will surely follow this. Is in all likelihood too small for that weight but he certainly brings something unique to the party. 

• Like 1

Usyk is a beast a real animal. Totally out classed him.

maybe ward should come out of retirement and fight him. That would be a interesting fight otherwise see nothing else for him to achieve at cruiser weight and might move t9 heavyweight but looks too small. If he stepped in the ring with wilder or aj they would kill him

Edited by Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Usyk is a beast a real animal. Totally out classed him.

maybe ward should come out of retirement and fight him. That would be a interesting fight

Usyk is going up and he'd beat Ward very clearly IMO.

Â