The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Come on Paulie, bang him out :thumb:

We're officially in a parallel universe

Yeh, a dream world.

Roach killed Valero so Pacquiao and Khan didn't have to fight him

And then told Pac to make up a really good cover story blaming the family so no one would suspect him.

Exactly my train of thought Holmes.

Shall we buy a van and a talking dog? I get to be the one banging Buffy

Khan: "In the next four years I will have all my big fights, so in five years time I will be gone," Khan said to the paper. "When I hit my peak I will be fighting men like Floyd Mayweather Junior and Manny Pacquiao. They will be my last few fights. There are so many big fights in my division, but my body will tell me when to call it a day."

Can't be running out of feather fists to fight can we now?!

So Khan is planning to fight Mayweather when he's 37 and Pacquiao when he's 36 then? That'd be about right for this gutless glass jawed spunk-dribble.

They'd both probably still beat him even at those advanced ages anyway, if Willie Limond can put you on queer st then you have an eggshell for a chin.

Save him for Kevin Mitchell. Then give him the Marvin Hagler treatment as Witton suggested ;).

**** yeah!!!

The main difference being Hagler didn't deserve it, this rocket polisher does. I still remember poor old Harry Carpenters commentary on that one - "owwwww I've just been hit on the head by a beer bottle" :crylaugh:

Who can win the middleweight super six?

Kessler will not win for sure! he will probably lose the next fight

After seeing them all, my money would be on Ward. The winner certainly won't be or Froch.

Yeah, my guess was aslo Ward.

If Kessler and Froch had this fight in england,then Froch would win,I actually think he was better than Kessler last saturday

Who can win the middleweight super six?

Kessler will not win for sure! he will probably lose the next fight

After seeing them all, my money would be on Ward. The winner certainly won't be or Froch.

Yeah, my guess was aslo Ward.

If Kessler and Froch had this fight in england,then Froch would win,I actually think he was better than Kessler last saturday

Ward looks a class operator to me, seems a nice kid too so I hope he wins it.

I thought Froch won 115-113 the other night, but when you fight away from home and the fight is that close then don't whine about being robbed at the end - Froch got a similar gift last time out.

Abraham is a very dangerous fighter too though, hits like a mule but is crude....I'd make him 2nd favourite.

I thought Froch won 115-113 the other night, but when you fight away from home and the fight is that close then don't whine about being robbed at the end - Froch got a similar gift last time out.

Yes when they fight away from home they need a KO to win the fight.

not so sure on Abraham either, if Froch get the fight at home, then he will win

I'm not so sure about that....I know Froch has a great chin but anyone can be KO'd, and if Abraham connects flush then Froch is toast. I've seen guys like Froch come and go over the years, don't think that punch resistance will last forever. If he wasn't so 'face first' in his approach I'd be more confident about the Abraham fight.

I'm not so sure about that....I know Froch has a great chin but anyone can be KO'd, and if Abraham connects flush then Froch is toast. I've seen guys like Froch come and go over the years, don't think that punch resistance will last forever. If he wasn't so 'face first' in his approach I'd be more confident about the Abraham fight.

Just think hes not a particularly clever boxer, he has a good blow when he hit spot on,but technically he's not that special, Froch is better technically

but surely it depends where the fight wil be, in Germany froch will probably lose if he don't win by KO, In england i think Froch will take him..

Just think hes not a particularly clever boxer, he has a good blow when he hit spot on,but technically he's not that special, Froch is better technically

but surely it depends where the fight wil be, in Germany froch will probably lose if he don't win by KO, In england i think Froch will take him..

Froch is actually awful, technically....I agree Abraham is too, but Abraham hits a damn sight harder than Froch does and I think this fight will come down to that.

Put it this way - when did you last see Froch fight without getting hit flush?

Â