The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Comparing Holmes' relationship to Ali with Khan's to Pac? That's awful. Please take your own advice, asap.

Yep, I fully retract my statement. I read somewhere that Homes whispered in Ali's trainers ear one day that Ali was past it and that Larry thought he could take him, this was around 1973, Larry also said that Ali's legs were 'shot' to the trainer (might have been Drew Brown)

Anyway the next day Ali toyed with him and said stuff like "so I'm finished huh kid?" and messed up Holmes face REALLY badly, apparently Holmes was crying during sparring because of the beating he was taking - but he drove all the way home to Easton to show his friends the black eye that "the greatest" had given him :)

Compare that to Khan talking about being competitive in sparring with Pac and I think we can all see who the cuuuunt is in this scenario.

Can't see it, but I hope Malignaggi beats him and ruins his career, arrogant little word removed.

But then we'd have to put up with gabby15.

Lets hope he beats Malignaggi and then Bradley/Alexander/Maidana destroy him.

Can't see it, but I hope Malignaggi beats him and ruins his career, arrogant little word removed.

I'm not bothered, I just want someone to put him on arse and ruin his career, he's a prick.

He'll only ever be able to dream of a following like Ricky Hatton.

I don't think he's big with the British public anyway, but coming out with bollocks like that about another British fighter will only serve to make things worse.

You have to put up with me anyway.

Witton: Any chance you can find out why I'm banned from ESB again? I didn't even do anything this time :?

Khan: "In the next four years I will have all my big fights, so in five years time I will be gone," Khan said to the paper. "When I hit my peak I will be fighting men like Floyd Mayweather Junior and Manny Pacquiao. They will be my last few fights. There are so many big fights in my division, but my body will tell me when to call it a day."

Can't be running out of feather fists to fight can we now?!

Khan: "In the next four years I will have all my big fights, so in five years time I will be gone," Khan said to the paper. "When I hit my peak I will be fighting men like Floyd Mayweather Junior and Manny Pacquiao. They will be my last few fights. There are so many big fights in my division, but my body will tell me when to call it a day."

Can't be running out of feather fists to fight can we now?!

Yeah, good luck with that. Try not to get stretched out on the way.

Â