The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Oct 5th

Povetkin v little brother wladimir

Boxnation have just announced they have got this one

Povetkin is seriously overrated. Huck, a cruiserweight, gave him problems...big problems.

Easy wlad win. I admire the klitskho's but wish they would go away now. It's too boring watching them jab someone's head off for 12 rounds

Edited by donnie

Haye Fury is the 8th Feb.

You are correct, that's what I meant to say, I have been doing that all day getting my months mixed up, I thought Halloween was next week for some reason

anyway's yeah the fight is definitely 8th Feb and not November 8th as some retard above posted

This might play into Haye's hands.   When Chisora fought Fury he was coming into the fight after a long layoff (two cancelled Klitschko fights) and it seemed he was bored of the gym and came into the right out of shape.  Fury strikes me as the kind of fighter who could potentially do the same thing.  Haye is used to having long layoffs between fights and always comes into the ring in top condition. 

Amir Khan is doing his Ricky Hatton impression as he is about to go into training camp for what will be a likely fight against Devon Alexander for a 147lb title:

BTRcDfCIUAAAOvR.jpg

BQTcucFCUAAfpoV.jpg

I can't help but think that Khan won't be around much longer, he really struggled with Diaz in his last fight and was hurt multiple times by a career lightweight who is really a gate-keeper at best.

I don't like Alexander but at best it's a 'pick-em' fight, Alexander has a great chance and although not a big puncher can punch very quickly and sharply, and throws a nice uppercut, so I wouldn't discredit the chance of a Alexander KO, and that would be Khan's career over.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

I hope so and I think he's a very live 'underdog'. Chavez Jr is an absolute disgrace to the sport, ideally we'd be seeing him getting carried out on a stretcher.

Also I think Stevenson vs Cloud is a very interesting fight that's on later as well, could be a real slug-fest.

Amir Khan is doing his Ricky Hatton impression as he is about to go into training camp for what will be a likely fight against Devon Alexander for a 147lb title:

BTRcDfCIUAAAOvR.jpg

BQTcucFCUAAfpoV.jpg

I can't help but think that Khan won't be around much longer, he really struggled with Diaz in his last fight and was hurt multiple times by a career lightweight who is really a gate-keeper at best.

I don't like Alexander but at best it's a 'pick-em' fight, Alexander has a great chance and although not a big puncher can punch very quickly and sharply, and throws a nice uppercut, so I wouldn't discredit the chance of a Alexander KO, and that would be Khan's career over.

Really worth listening to the whole interview.  Virgil Hunter is great. :) 

Not watched it yet but it absolutely doesn't surprise me that Chavez wins via robbery, he's a disgrace to this sport, I sincerely hope his career gets ended at some point very soon.

Also Stevenson looked very good against Cloud, surprised at how slick he was, how well he used his feet and created the angles. Cloud is a plodder who really didn't have an answer. Stevenson is better than I thought but would still pick Kovalev over him, but it'd be a hell of a fight.

OK just watched the Vera fight.

It was a close fight that I gave to Vera based on activity, he out hustled Chavez for a lot of that fight and was landing some big shots in the 8th and 9th rounds. Chavez did land the harder and more eye catching shots throughout but it was clearly Vera who was landing most of the punches and certainly the one throwing a hell of a lot more.

Personally I scored it 96-94 to Vera. The two cards that gave it 97-93 and 98-92 to Chavez were a complete disgrace. I have to feel for Vera because this would have been a great upset win for him to trump his KO victory over Andy Lee a few years ago. Vera has shown that he's not the 'journeyman' that the HBO crew were suggesting, hopefully this guy will be elevated to status of gatekeeper for the 168lb division. That way he'll get a couple of more good pay days and fights against quality opposition in the future.

Also, he has a very hot wife.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

Â