The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

That's annoying, you could be looking at a month, maybe more because this will have a huge impact on both of them physically, they would be putting the finishing touches onto their training this week, now they have to ease off and to quote Lambert 'go again'.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

with the correct head gear ..their should be no way any cut should take place,i remember mike tyson had the same thing in his pomp as he used a old manky head guard, with a week to go its bad managment on team haye not using the correct item.

Haye makes a habit of postponing fights.....

What I will say is that it's still possible to be cut with headgear, the headgear can be 'cut into' the boxers head, especially if not correctly fitted.

The mystery is that his main sparring partners, namely Deontay Wilder and Mariuz Wach apparently left Haye's training camp the other day, so I wonder who he was sparring to cause this?

Perhaps Haye was going too hard at a time where he should have been starting to ease off, or perhaps Vitali has given him a call and he decided to cut himself with a razor blade LOL

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Haye makes a habit of postponing fights.....

What I will say is that it's still possible to be cut with headgear, the headgear can be 'cut into' the boxers head, especially if not correctly fitted.

The mystery is that his main sparring partners, namely Deontay Wilder and Mariuz Wach apparently left Haye's training camp the other day, so I wonder who he was sparring to cause this?

Perhaps Haye was going too hard at a time where he should have been starting to ease off, or perhaps Vitali has given him a call and he decided to cut himself with a razor blade LOL

Skt reporting the following:

He was training with sparring partner Filip Hrgovic - a 6ft 6" Croatian - when he was cut, and the wound required six stitches.

There's always something dodgy with Haye, it makes you wonder what sort of condition he was in, might be worth looking at some of his training camp pictures to see if he was looking a little fleshy.

This is a guy who wants to be a celebrity and has, from a boxers POV, been very inactive over the last couple of years, he also likes to enjoy himself outside of the ring.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

It's possible but then he'd be absolute **** if Fury makes it past, say round 5, because Haye has had problems with stamina in the past, as we saw when a 40 year old Carl 'The Cat' Thomspon knocked him out.

Haye's a very cautious guy and has postponed a number of fights in the past including Manuel Charr quite recently and with Wladimir in 2009.

There's always something dodgy with Haye, it makes you wonder what sort of condition he was in, might be worth looking at some of his training camp pictures to see if he was looking a little fleshy.

This is a guy who wants to be a celebrity and has, from a boxers POV, been very inactive over the last couple of years, he also likes to enjoy himself outside of the ring.

He put a video up on his YouTube channel earlier this week and he looks ripped.

Edited by The_Rev

Well Peter Fury has come out and said that the fight is off, could be a ploy to get more money mind...

Also some rumours that either Deontay Wilder or Tony Thompson could be set to take Haye's place. Although I'm not sure how Thompson could do it given he only fought (and lost) the other week to Pulev.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Del Boy looked pretty good tonight, I know that his opponent was less than great but chisora looked like he had a point to prove and he also looked in pretty good shape.

Said after the fight that he wants to fight Fury in December, he was 3st lighter tonight than when he fought him last time.

Didn't see it as I was watching match of the day but was told it was another dodgy stoppage, was it a case of another Warren ref up to his old tricks?

I also heard that Curtis Woodhouse was made to do a Zab Judah dance by Derry Matthews, can't wait to see it as Curtis Woodhouse is a complete word removed.

I haven't seen any of the sky sports card, Del Boy was rocked big time in the one round and ran away for a good 30/40 seconds but I don't take anything away from him for that, if a heavyweight cops you your going to feel it, it depends on how you react to it.

I don't think it was that much of a bad decision the other bloke had enough and didn't complain at all when it was stopped, it was obvious that a stoppage was on the cards.

Billie joe Saunders is up tonight as well but I'll watch that in the morning, BJS is there to be found out I recon, he is a decent little fighter but he lacks power and is too big at the weight he is currently fighting at, if he was to move up a weight class it mite help sort out some of his stamina issues but I'm dubious about how much power he would take up with him.

I quite like Ryder and have never really understood the BJS hype. Also, these two look like junior middleweights and not middleweights..... and Sniffer Gavin, well, a waste of space IMO.

Also what a shit card, the main event starting at like 12:15, what a load of bollocks.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

I quite like Ryder and have never really understood the BJS hype.

When billy joe first came about he did look quite promising but as I said as he has grown up there are quite a few things that will keep him from making any real impact

Edited by leemond2008

Â