PL: Stoke h Match Thread 2009/12/19 15:00

limpid

Our passing is shit - just giving it away too much for them to counter. Carew has little to do with that IMO.

MON just needs to get them refocused on working the ball around a bit better.

Yes he does. It's not his fault because that isn't his game. However when Heskey plays, the midfielders always have an easy ball into Heskey who finds good positions, so therefore more options available and we have a link man between midfield and forwards. With Carew, there's nothing.

with Carew there's the rocket club..

I think we might need to bring a bit of energy into this match, i think NRC at about 60 mins should come on, iv got no idea who for or where to fit him in, but we do look a little tired which isn't surprising. I think this will finish a draw, but if we want top 4, this should not be acceptable, especially with spurs winning. Make it scrappy win the game..

Nothing massively wrong here. Look a bit jaded, but so do the best teams and it's been a hell of a long week.

We still look solid at the back, just lacking a bit of extra drive and energy. Very natural against a tough Stoke side who defend well and have had more time off than us.

Too much over-analysing. We're doing fine and if it's a day for a 0-0, I can take it.

Let's just hope we keep it tight and if we can't win it, don't lose it.