NBA

Vojskovoda

How I see it (had a decent time betting the NBA playoffs so far, not as profitable as betting college basketball):

Heat vs. Bulls

(Heat wins - Bulls wins)

Game 1

0-1:    57.1

1-0:    42.9

Game 2

0-2:    32.6

1-1:    49.0

2-0:    18.4

Game 3

0-3:    14.3

1-2:    39.8

2-1:    35.6

3-0:    10.3

Game 4

0-4:     6.3    Bulls in 4

1-3:    25.5

2-2:    37.9

3-1:    24.5

4-0:     5.8    Heat in 4

Game 5

Over:   12.1

1-4:    14.6    Bulls in 5

2-3:    32.6

3-2:    30.2

4-1:    10.5    Heat in 5

Game 6

Over:   37.2

2-4:    14.3    Bulls in 6

3-3:    31.5

4-2:    17.0    Heat in 6

Game 7

Over:   68.5

3-4:    18.0    Bulls in 7

4-3:    13.5    Heat in 7

Absolutely stunned that the series-winner line opened at Heat -200/Bulls +170... it's been bet down to -190/+165 at most shops (you can get +170 (+166 net) on Betmaker). I don't like tying up bankroll in a futures bet, but when I can get what I make a -114 favorite as a +170-ish dog, I jump in it... hopefully I will be epic win.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
How does the draft system actually work?

The ten clubs with the worst records last year enter a ping pong ball type lottery, with the worst team having the most balls :P, and thus a better shot at landing the 1st pick. The rest of the clubs after the first ten pick exactly according to how they finished in the standings. Dallas will have the last pick, cuz they won the title. Deals can be struck, trades made, etc. to move up in the draft to try to pick the player you want. Usually deals are made.

Who can they pick, anyone? So could say the Nets just go to Heat and take LeBron James from them?

Nope, draftees are players who have never signed for an NBA club before, primarily college players, but a few high school graduates, and foreign players.

• 8 months later...

Not NBA, but still basketball (and arguably purer basketball): anybody watching the NCAA tournament (currently showing on ESPN America and set to dominate the schedule, with about 12-consecutive hours of live coverage on both Thursday and Friday)?

The Iona Gaels are leading the BYU Cougars in the first half right now in the second of the First Four (aka qualifying round) games.

Yep, Dwight is staying. I'm happy to a degree, yet I wish he would sign an extension.

Scrapping the early-release waiver will only keep him for another season. It might have been better to get rid of him now for a good trade. Although he could be the key to winning the championship this season or next. Fingers crossed...

Crazy day in the NCAA tournament... the last #15 seed to knock off a #2 seed was Hampton over Iowa State in 2001. Earlier today, Norfolk State beat Missouri and Lehigh is 36 seconds away from beating Duke (Lehigh leads 67-62).

Â