NBA

Vojskovoda

Lakers win. I'm assuming the officials will receive Laker championship rings for their performance, particularly in the 4th quater. Embarassing.

David Stern and Richard Scudamore have both regularly talked about wanting to learn tips and tricks from each other. Apparently bent refereeing is something they've exchanged advice about!

• 2 weeks later...

Kent teenager drafted by Spurs

Kent teenager Ryan Richards has been drafted to NBA side San Antonio Spurs.

The 19-year-old forward was 49th overall pick in Thursday's draft. He had impressed scouts at the NBA's pre-draft combine.

Richards, who is 6ft 11in, has yet to win a Great Britain cap, but has played for England at Under-16 and 18 level.

Kent junior coach Jesse Sazant told BBC South East: "The sky's the limit for him, he's got a real chance to make it as an established NBA player."

He added: "There's a lot of his development time left, the next two or three years will really count as to how he progresses, but he's got a real opportunity."

The Sittingbourne teenager was under contract to Spanish club Gran Canaria last season, and played on loan in Switzerland at BBC Monthey.

It is possible he will be sent back to Europe to complete his development, but he says wants his chance in the NBA as soon as possible.

• 2 weeks later...
"The Decision" Live on ESPN probably the most absurd sports broadcast I've ever witnessed.

It was sad. :lol:

Well, my Nets have failed pretty badly this off-season. Waited on LeBron, did nothing to persudae him, then lost out on him!

I will be laughing my ass off if the Heat fail to win a title...

(I seriously think LeBron will never get a ring).

Haven't the Heat got Bosh and Wade too. They should be winning the title but it doesn't always work out that way.

Bosh: not a top-drawer player... most years he couldn't even get the Raptors into the playoffs.

Wade and LeBron are both players that need a lot of touches of the ball; I just don't see the egos working out. If this was a late-career move, a la Garnett and Allen coming to Boston to win a title, I could see the egos being sublimated, but this doesn't fit that bill.

LeBrons a phony. He's not a leader, he's a follower. He went on national TV for self-promotion and to jam it up Clevelands rear. What a classy guy. Congratulations.

John Oates. Art Garfunkel.He can be Scottie Pippen and Dwayne Wade will be Michael Jordan. He will be the "Robin" to Wades "Batman".

Lets see if he keeps his squeaky clean reputation in Miami. There is alot of temptation down there...and he wont have the Cavaliers organization to sweep it under the rug for him. Dan Gilbert and the Cleveland Cavaliers did everything for this guy and gave him whatever he wanted, from wearing certain uniforms (and getting fined for it by the NBA) to match HIS shoes, to the hiring and firing of teammates and coaches...and looking back, yes, that was the wrong thing to do. But the organization did it not with malice in their intent, but out of generosity-- and to appease the monster they/we had created.

The strength of a city comes from its people, not its pro athletes. This too shall pass.

"Wheres your crown King Nothing?..."-Metallica

Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert wrote an open letter to the team’s fans after LeBron James announced his decision to leave the franchise after seven seasons. Here it is in its entirety.

"Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his “decision” unlike anything ever “witnessed” in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don’t deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

“I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE”

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our “motivation” to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that’s simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown “chosen one” sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And “who” we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called “curse” on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former “King” will be taking the “curse” with him down south. And until he does “right” by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day….

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue…."

I don't know what's funnier, that he thinks the Cavs will win a title before LeBron or that LeBron will play second fiddle to Wade? They're friends, Wade already has his ring and Finals MVP, he'll be even more determined to help LeBron get his with all this bitter talk that's came out about him from the Cavs.

Saw that open letter before and it makes the owner look like a little child in my opinion. Calling Lebron names won't get them anywhere. Neither will making fake promises, such as winnin the NBA title before Lebron does. The Cavs will be weak without him...

Lebron himself has beem a complete fool in the way he has dealt with the situation. I hope he never wins a championship ring. Despite not caring much for the Cavs, I do think he treated them with a great deal of disrespect.

I would have had more sympathy for the Cavs had it not been for that open letter.

But to me, it's just "Why the **** are you making such a big deal over rhim leaving if you seemingly don't think he's all that good anyway?"

He's a competitor, he wants to win. The Cavs did absoloutely nothing at all to try and help LeBron, they basically said 'go win it on your own'. LeBron has always distanced himself from Cleveland anyway whenever people have mentioned it being his 'home town team', he's been quick to say he's not from Cleveland.

Players leave, they want to win. People need to get over it, it's as sad as the Barry thing.

I just had my own Lebron James moment...I went to Burger King for lunch and played the scratch off game. To my surprise, it said "sorry you are not a winner."

Determined to not give up, I am driving to McDonald's to try to win something there instead.

Â