NBA

Vojskovoda

I searched and couldn't find an NBA thread so I thought I'd make one.

My team is the Cavs and I'm pleased with how the season is going so far albeit our away form is a little bit 'off' but if we continue to play this well I see us winning our division hopefully but I reckon either Orlando or Atlanta will finish top of the conference... I've been really impressed with the Hawks especially.

Anyways, LOL at the Bulls. Got beat by the Guido's two days ago then got hammered by Atlanta last night... too funny.

has anyone found a more boring game than basketball, jeeeeeeeeeeeeez

Baseball, Cricket, Croquet, bowls, all facebook games, WOW, hockey, volleyball (excluding beach), polo, water polo, lacrosse, runescape, command and conquer, rugby union, dodgeball and subbuteo.

Guest Ricardomeister

As an ex pro (basketballer, not whore! :winkold: ) I do think basketball tends to be better to play than to watch but it is still one of my favourite sports to watch. The pace, excitement and, especially, the athleticism is greater than the vast majority of other sports and basketball has produced the greatest, most athletic sportsman that I have ever seen in Michael Jordan.

I have always watched the NBA but never adopted a team until 5 or 6 years ago when I adopted the Phoenix Suns as they are the most exciting team to watch with their fast break offence. We have done much better than expected so far considering I think we have only had 7 of 22 games so far at home although I think the Lakers will win the Western Conference and will be favourites to beat the best of the East.

I don't mind basketball. it's pretty entertaining and its a lot of fun to play.

I do think it's too high scoring though. Just not special enough when someone scores (unless its a winner on the buzzer!)

Decent sport, that and NFL are the best of the american sports.

I searched and couldn't find an NBA thread so I thought I'd make one.

My team is the Cavs and I'm pleased with how the season is going so far albeit our away form is a little bit 'off' but if we continue to play this well I see us winning our division hopefully but I reckon either Orlando or Atlanta will finish top of the conference... I've been really impressed with the Hawks especially.

Anyways, LOL at the Bulls. Got beat by the Guido's two days ago then got hammered by Atlanta last night... too funny.

who are the Guidos?

Cavs are my team too, but I have a major liking for the Celtics too..

..and Everton Tigers in the BBL ;)

Too lazy to search for it now, but if anyone can point me to any video clips of the BBL, I'd be curious to see what they level of play is. I didn't know until recently that there even was a basketball league in Britain.

I'm surprised at how many people like the Cavs. Small market team with very little success before the last few seasons.. will be interesting to see how many stick if/when LeBron leaves. :winkold:

Well, I think we already have the answer. There were even more (a lot more) people who suddenly became Chicago Bulls fans when MJ became a household name in the late '80s. The Bulls were just as irrelevant as the Cavs before Jordan came along; and haven't done much since he's left either. How many of those people do you think follow the Bulls now?

has anyone found a more boring game than basketball, jeeeeeeeeeeeeez

Baseball, Cricket, Croquet, bowls, all facebook games, WOW, hockey, volleyball (excluding beach), polo, water polo, lacrosse, runescape, command and conquer, rugby union, dodgeball and subbuteo.

You forgot golf. And if you want to be specific, I'll throw Portsmouth-Wigan in there, too.

As an ex pro (basketballer, not whore! :winkold: ) I do think basketball tends to be better to play than to watch but it is still one of my favourite sports to watch.

I'll agree with you there. I played the game growing up and still play pick-up after work every Monday night. (There is no better cardio I exercise IMO.) Watching the game, on the other hand, just does not interest me like it used to. Much of that is down to the fact that the Knicks have been a disgrace for the past 7 or 8 years, but I still used to at least get into the playoffs even when the Knicks were not involved. Not any more.

Cavs are my team too, but I have a major liking for the Celtics too..

..and Everton Tigers in the BBL ;)

Too lazy to search for it now, but if anyone can point me to any video clips of the BBL, I'd be curious to see what they level of play is. I didn't know until recently that there even was a basketball league in Britain.

I love basketball. Penny Hardaway is my favourite player of all time. I loved watching that Orlando Magic team in the 90s with Penny and Shaq. I keep an eye on the Knicks results too as I went to see them play at MSG when I was in New York.

Â