Who is better Raul or Ronaldo (chubby)

L6HolteEnder

Raul or Ronaldo  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Raul or Ronaldo

• Raul
    • Ronaldo

He has been the first choice keeper since he was 18. He is now 28. 486 games for Real Madrid and counting. 99 caps for Spain. He will probably break the 1000 career games. Possibly getting on for 200 caps?

I am still astonished that some people dont rate him though. I can only assume they are in their early twenties or younger and never really got to see him, because at his brilliant best Ronaldo Luís Nazário de Lima is as good a player as any who ever kicked a ball. I really like the Giggs comparison for Raul. Ryan Giggs is Manchester United's greatest ever servant, their most decorated player. Would he get in their all time XI though? Probably not. If Raul is Ryan Giggs, then Ronaldo is George Best.

You see, I feel the same way about those who says that he's possibly the greatest ever. He ain't close to ithat. He was a great player, no doubt, but he's not the greatest in all of the clubs he's played for. And I'd say that Madrid-fans would probably hold Raul higher than Ronaldo, and for sure they will hold di Stefano way above Ronaldo. Raul might be Ryan Giggs, but Ronaldo ain't a George Best.

In Barcelona maybe, but doubtfull about it. Ask them about Stoitjkov and Romario, for example.

A great player, no doubt, but there are a fair few better than him in the history. IMO he's not even the best of his generation. Zidane was better if you ask me. Which you probably won't. :P

Ah, you mean that my intelligence and knowledge is superior to most on here? :D;)

I think it's just easier to say that we disagree a bit on just exactly how good Ronaldo actually was in his prime. And mind you, I still think he was absolute world class. :nod:

Hm, tbf that's quite a good record. :P

FWIW I agree on that he deserves better than to be called the "Fat Ronaldo". Although I also think that Christiano Ronaldo is a better player than he was, but also a lot more despisable. Think I better run for cover now...

Although I also think that Christiano Ronaldo is a better player than he was

Right. Mods. Can we lock the thread and get a red card for Pelle please?

Did you see the Portugese Ronaldos performance in 07/08? Yes the Brazilian was slightly better but that gap is not big.

From Rooney:

"Ronaldo was one of the best, if not the best, forward ever. When he was at Barcelona, the things he did were incredible.

Never said the same thing about Christ-iano did he.

Â