6 Nations (Poll added. Who will win the big game?)

chrissmith921

Pick one  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

• Ireland to win the match and take the Grand Slam
    • Wales win by less than 13pts. Ireland take the title.
    • Wales win by 13 or more and win the title

God that hurt. But I'm over it enough now to make an appearance on here after my shockingly bad predictions and offer my congratulations to the Irish VT'ers. The side that played better won both on the day, and during the tournament as a whole.

Ireland are such a poor side but as you'd expect they have been making their usual noises of a grand slam... Not with that back line!!

Wales' slam hopes rest (I believe) with what record France go into the game in Paris against us with - if they've won their lot, we're in trouble. If not, then the slam is definately on.

I fully expect us to slaughter England - almost 20 points margin possible if we see enough ball. Jamie Roberts will smash their centres to death and Halfpenny/Byrne/Williams are the best back 3 in the NH.

Cream with your humble pie?

One thing we can all take away from this Six Nations. Northern Hemisphere Rugby is shit right now.

France -> Shocking, bad management and a lack of real quality, I've no idea what's going on with French Rugby at the moment, since the stuffings they took off the Argies at the WC French Rugby has looked to be in dissarray.

England -> Poor, a couple of bright sparks but nothing to suggest that squad can become a force. Plus I think Martin Johnson is a poor choice at manager. English rugby needs to stop getting sidetracked by over rated rubbish like Cipriani and focus on finding the next Joe Worsley or Simon Shaw. Number 10 is always going to be a hard position to fill but what's the point in filling it when you've nobody to recycle the ball to him.

Ireland -> Aging, great Grand Slam but sadly I think it was a last hurrah for a generation that would have achieved a lot more had it not been for that fuckhead O'Sullivan, next couple of years will be crucial but I simply don't see the players coming through that can replace the quality going out D'Arcy(29), O'Gara(32), O'Driscoll(30), O'Callaghan(29), O'Connell(29), Stringer(31), Geordan Murphy(30), Paddy Wallace(29), Shane Horgan(30), Flannery(30), Hayes(35), Horan(31), David Wallace(32). That's an awful lot of talent that's reaching its sell by date.

Scotland -> Poor but finally showing signs of improvement.

Italy -> Poorest they've been in years, decent showing against Wales but missing a couple of stars who can create or finish something off.

Wales -> Their time is quickly coming to an end, like Ireland most of the team is hitting 29/30 years with versy few younger lads stepping up to take their places. There's a couple of years left in the tank but without gradually bringing in the youngsters now the wall will be hit hard and painfully, 2 maybe 3 years from now.

One thing we can all take away from this Six Nations. Northern Hemisphere Rugby is shit right now.

France -> Shocking, bad management and a lack of real quality, I've no idea what's going on with French Rugby at the moment, since the stuffings they took off the Argies at the WC French Rugby has looked to be in dissarray.

England -> Poor, a couple of bright sparks but nothing to suggest that squad can become a force. Plus I think Martin Johnson is a poor choice at manager. English rugby needs to stop getting sidetracked by over rated rubbish like Cipriani and focus on finding the next Joe Worsley or Simon Shaw. Number 10 is always going to be a hard position to fill but what's the point in filling it when you've nobody to recycle the ball to him.

Ireland -> Aging, great Grand Slam but sadly I think it was a last hurrah for a generation that would have achieved a lot more had it not been for that fuckhead O'Sullivan, next couple of years will be crucial but I simply don't see the players coming through that can replace the quality going out D'Arcy(29), O'Gara(32), O'Driscoll(30), O'Callaghan(29), O'Connell(29), Stringer(31), Geordan Murphy(30), Paddy Wallace(29), Shane Horgan(30), Flannery(30), Hayes(35), Horan(31), David Wallace(32). That's an awful lot of talent that's reaching its sell by date.

Italy -> Poorest they've been in years, decent showing against Wales but missing a couple of stars who can create or finish something off.

Wales -> Their time is quickly coming to an end, like Ireland most of the team is hitting 29/30 years with versy few younger lads stepping up to take their places. There's a couple of years left in the tank but without gradually bringing in the youngsters now the wall will be hit hard and painfully, 2 maybe 3 years from now.

I would go along with all of that

I hope to be in SA for the Lions Tour - They are really up for this one as they see the British rugby as very poor at the moment.

I didn't realise until last week how big an event this is

Where do you find the next Joe Worsley? Or even Simon Shaw for that matter? You can't just pull players like that out of your arse. Maybe they're out there, maybe not, but I don't think England have a problem up front at all, highlighted by the fact they conceded less points than anybody this 6 nations.

Englands main problem is in midfield. Ellis and god love him Tindall just aren't international class. I think we saw on Saturday when Danny Care came on what a scrum half is supposed to do. Quick ball, spread the play, open your friggin eyes.

I think Flood is a fine player. The problem is, he's not a 10. His kicking isn't up to the task. He's a 12 if I ever saw one, but I'm not about to pick him ahead of Flutey, so they try and crowbar him in. You can piss and moan about Cipriani all you like, but right now he's Englands best option. I mean christ, Andy friggin Goode??

In Flutey, Armitage, Cueto etc England have a decent spark and a solid forward line to build upon. Let's see where they go with it.

Well I'm no Rugby expert, ( TSV ), but I think their is a lot of good young talent on the team, Bowe (25), Earls (21), Heaslip (25), Fitzgerald (21), Ferris (23), Kearney (22), O'Leary (25), Sexton (23), Leamy (27), Trimble (24)...

Where do you find the next Joe Worsley? Or even Simon Shaw for that matter? You can't just pull players like that out of your arse. Maybe they're out there, maybe not, but I don't think England have a problem up front at all, highlighted by the fact they conceded less points than anybody this 6 nations.

Englands main problem is in midfield. Ellis and god love him Tindall just aren't international class. I think we saw on Saturday when Danny Care came on what a scrum half is supposed to do. Quick ball, spread the play, open your friggin eyes.

I think Flood is a fine player. The problem is, he's not a 10. His kicking isn't up to the task. He's a 12 if I ever saw one, but I'm not about to pick him ahead of Flutey, so they try and crowbar him in. You can piss and moan about Cipriani all you like, but right now he's Englands best option. I mean christ, Andy friggin Goode??

In Flutey, Armitage, Cueto etc England have a decent spark and a solid forward line to build upon. Let's see where they go with it.

I'd agree with that, most of it anyhoo, I'll go into my synopsis of Englands team later, I really can't be bothered to write a thesis just now.

They were the better side - definately.

Got some enjoyment with the flashing ladies in the prince of wales!! ;)

Flashing ladies?, never get to see that on RTE :(...

After the game - walking to train station, some ladies upstairs in prince of wales flashing the crowd.

some porkers, but one was stunning.

Well I'm no Rugby expert, ( TSV ), but I think their is a lot of good young talent on the team, Bowe (25), Earls (21), Heaslip (25), Fitzgerald (21), Ferris (23), Kearney (22), O'Leary (25), Sexton (23), Leamy (27), Trimble (24)...

In the same light, Phillips, Hook, Henson, Roberts, Halfpenny, Charteris, James, Yapp, Rees, Evans, AW Jones, R Jones, J Thomas, Byrne will all be around for at least the next 7-8 years - even Nugget will probably be at 2011 - I cant see how thats an aging side?

We need to replace some front row, 7, 11 and possibly add to the squad

Â