World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Nobody forced people to install TBC and WoTLK. If you wanted to stay Vanilla so badly then you could have. Sure, the population of players that stayed in Vanilla may not have been that great. However, I am guessing there must be certain guilds that have done this.

I just had WoTLK delivered, never been high enough to roll a DK. Although I think I have enough on my hands with my Mage, it's tempting to give it a try.

Also, I've been on websites to read about the expansion pack and for want of a better description, they are all written by nerdy geeky game guys who understand all the jargon about WoW, which I don't.

Can someone explain in laymans terms, what this expansion pack includes?

WotLK is the expansion pack with content for level 7--80 players. It contains:

10 new levels for players.

A new class (Death Knight)

A new continent (Northrend, which contains 12 new zones)

New dungeons and raids.

New spells and talents.

Wowwiki is a good place to look

I was out DPSing DK’s on my enhancement Shaman when I finished as well. I’d still have thought twice before attacking one though!

Yeah, I'm useless in pvp even against levels as low as 75....but the game seems less and less geared towards pvp anyway...

Isnt elemental the PvP spec for Shammies at the moment? I know they have ridiculous bust and some seriously good anti caster tools.

No idea. I was talking about dungeons anyway. When they first came out, DKs seemed to be topping all the damage charts, but in similar gear I did quite a bit more than most in Naxx 25 for example.

When WotLK came out, DK's had the best offence, the best defence, the best crowd control, the best burst damage, the best sustained damage, the best anti magic abilities in the game, the best pet, the best, well, everything. I assume it was to make people stick with them once they cleared the starting zone (which is excellent fun, it has to be said) but they were quite rightly nerfed into oblivion after a couple of months. I assume the nerfs have continued as the months I have been inactive for have passed, but they certainly deserved a lot of them.

When WotLK came out, DK's had the best offence, the best defence, the best crowd control, the best burst damage, the best sustained damage, the best anti magic abilities in the game, the best pet, the best, well, everything. I assume it was to make people stick with them once they cleared the starting zone (which is excellent fun, it has to be said) but they were quite rightly nerfed into oblivion after a couple of months. I assume the nerfs have continued as the months I have been inactive for have passed, but they certainly deserved a lot of them.

Yeah, I was a tank until they nerfed dk tanks into a state of ineffectiveness relative to other classes.

I <3 the new Dungeon Finder allowing you to put yourself in a group with people from other realms etc and go do a Dungeon, you tell them what role you want to do and they do the rest, teleports you there when the group is formed.

Did Scholomance last night among others, racked up over 90,000XP and some new gear. Dinged 58 and I'm already 47% through that level. Would never ever have made that much XP questing for the same amount of time. Oh and the stats put me as #1 DPS in a group of 5, me, 3 level 60's and above, and another level 58. ;) I <3 my Mage also.

Sweet.

I <3 the new Dungeon Finder allowing you to put yourself in a group with people from other realms etc and go do a Dungeon, you tell them what role you want to do and they do the rest, teleports you there when the group is formed.

That's a really good idea. So many times I've stood around for ages waiting for a healer, and more often than not the group disbanded because of it.

Wish it was there when I was playing.

That's a really good idea. So many times I've stood around for ages waiting for a healer, and more often than not the group disbanded because of it.

Wish it was there when I was playing.

The dual spec really helped with finding tanks and healers that as well.

Â