World of Warcraft

The_Rev

It's not possible to get to level 70 in less than 2 days...

And yes, 13 days /played is enough to get past level 55 for your own standards - I'm getting there anyway and will have to continue to do so at my own pace.

Main thing is, whether I'm level 55 on 13 days /played, or 130 - I'm enjoying it.

I think it took me over 30 days to do 1-60 on my first character. Of course you needed a ton more XP back then, there were nowhere near as many flightpaths (some zones had no flightpaths at all!) there were no add ons to help with questing, and there were huge portions of the game where you would hit a brick wall because you would have no quests for your level (Hinterlands anybody?)

That said, I didnt care how long it took me. We had entire evenings where we would get no XP at all because we were busy having world PvP. The journey to 60 was as much fun as endgame.

I think I flew from 60-70 and 70-80 though.

I remember the night when we went to the Ally island (Teldrassil?) where there’s that huge tree trunk. I used the sentry totem glitch to fall all the way down to the bottom, then with a combination of ressing and summoning, everybody else turned up, and we spent a couple of hours messing around down there.

I have fond memories of messing around in Loch Modan with my buddy back in 05.

I think I got it when Revenge of the Sith came out. Said buddy came round and watched me play for a short while before we went to the cinema. It had only been out a few months by then so it was something special to see a level 40 running around on a mount, golly gee.

My first character was a human warrior, I got to level 10 then went exploring. I got lost and didn't know how to get back or what the hearthstone was, so I just deleted him and started a new one. Hah.

Best instance was Scarlet Monastery. Ran that place over and over again saving money up for a mount. Good loot too.

Hah, yeah. Wasn't that Horde territory, Tirisfal Glades?

I was Alliance for a while and I was always on edge hanging around there. You just knew they were going to attack and you were powerless to do anything about it.

God knows how people play on PvE servers, it's so boring.

Alliance attacking XR is still the thing I miss most. It was great. Everybody used to hang around on the bank roof, which is reallly close to the flightpath in Orgrimmar. If you tuned in to World Defence you could tell when somebody was attacking XR. You could literally go from standing on the bank roof to charging a soul fire at the guy who was attacking in less than 90 seconds. It was wonderful because it happened so often. I dread to think how much PvP I had there.

Rachet was another great place too. It came to the point where we ganked Alliance coming off the boat there so often that we actually knew the places you could stand and not aggro the guards. Its a real shame those days can never come back because of how the game is these days. :(

Yes it is.

Comparing my /played to that of the fastest in history whilst making it sound like it was possible for YOU - does not make me feel slow... :lol:

What? I'm not comparing your time to anything.

You said that it's not possible to get to 70 in less than 2 days so I showed you it is. That's all.

Yes it is.

Comparing my /played to that of the fastest in history whilst making it sound like it was possible for YOU - does not make me feel slow... :lol:

What? I'm not comparing your time to anything.

You said that it's not possible to get to 70 in less than 2 days so I showed you it is. That's all.

It's not that hard when you consider that it's possible to get to 70 in less than 2 days. A week is plenty of time.

55 at 13 days played is shocking, what exactly do you do?

:lol: - You did a little bit.

Anyway, I'm just glad I'm still enjoying it. I think I'm getting more the hang of it now too, fingers crossed.

I remember that whole area being ganky as hell when I was L30 to 40. Back then you had to queue near the BGs to get in, so questing round there was mental. Seperated the boys from the Lauras though! ;)

My favourite ganky/PvP area was either just outside Gadgetztan, or Nessingwary's in Stranglethorn. Can't beat a bit of WoW nostalgia!

I am a girl!

I play PVE, I drink lemonade whilst I play, I kit my character with pretty dresses, I ride my elekk in the lines on the path, I anally organise my bags and bank vault, I make my action bars look 'pretty' - So you can all stop calling a spade, a spade. ;)

I thank you.

Â