World of Warcraft

The_Rev

What level did you get to in the end?

Thirteen I think ... had just cleared the second troll area starter quests (Razor hill and Shin'jinnn Village or whatever its called, and the islands off the coast there)

Its teh same in WoW. Hunters tend to be chosen by alot of kids and people with downs, which gives them a bad reputation, but the class is one of the most difficult to play/master.

Difficult to master?! Come on.....

I take it you have a Hunter.....

Ive got most classes, Hunter is probably 4th in line in terms of time spent on it.

That has to be expensive for Blizzard. Especially in a region like south east Asia where the online PC gaming culture is light years ahead of ours. I am sure that the Korean MMO's are looking at taking a chunk of WoW's player base.

Once a game reaches the point where build > tactics then.imo, that game is dead as a serious venture

Yes, build is always important, but a game should always be about player skill. if I can roll a shaman (for example) and roll over better players who havent rolled shamen then the game is broken

That has to be expensive for Blizzard. Especially in a region like south east Asia where the online PC gaming culture is light years ahead of ours. I am sure that the Korean MMO's are looking at taking a chunk of WoW's player base.

CASTop20.png

Aion has been live for 7 mo in Korea, 2 mo in China, and is not released in NA/EU yet, very promising so far if the numbers are correct.

Nonsense. Shaman are overpowered because they have totems and frostshock and something to do with rocks and paper that I can't quite remember.

But do they have invisible skill that makes them go invisible? No. Riogues are teh winnur.

Mages are teh winnur too, but to a lesser extent.

CASTop20.png

Aion has been live for 7 mo in Korea, 2 mo in China, and is not released in NA/EU yet, very promising so far if the numbers are correct.

What a shame, Pirates of the Burning Sea looked so good in BETA

War Hammer Online and Age of Conan not really living up to expectaions.

I was in the WarHammer Beta, it looked pretty good. needed some polishing as you'd expect but generally quite good, so surprised by this too

Loads of MMORPGs crashed - I guess the market is quite tightly sewn up

Yea, I played a bit of Age of Connan, far too many bugs, unfinsihed areas instnaces etc. Warcraft got away with it becuase it was a pretty new genre of game at teh time, and if people got anoyed at the bugs etc in it, they didnt have another game to go back to. Whereas in Conan And Warhammer, people woudl ahve had a lot less patience with it.

War Hammer Online and Age of Conan not really living up to expectaions.

I own Warhammer. It had the potential to be a WoW beater from the two months I played it. Unfortunately, after the first few weeks I found myself wondering around and not seeing another human player for half an hour at a time. Now when one of the games USP was it's 'community quests' this is going to cause big problems. Such a shame as the PvP was very good indeed.

I hear the consensus on WAR is that, for a PvP focused game, it turned out to be poorly balanced with siege mechanics that didn't work turning many people away once they reached end game.

Nonsense. Shaman are overpowered because they have totems and frostshock and something to do with rocks and paper that I can't quite remember.

I hear the consensus on WAR is that, for a PvP focused game, it turned out to be poorly balanced with siege mechanics that didn't work turning many people away once they reached end game.

I played WAR for a while and found it great at first and then soon after really really boring. Questing was the height of tedium, open world PvP or RvR was supposed to be the main aim of the game but the servers were ghost towns. There was no PUG system for getting a team together for the instances and the few who were online just seemed to spend all their time doing scenarios (BG's in warcraft) because you could get quick XP there (and there was nothing else to do). If they wanted the game to suceed they should have had massive populations on very few servers IMO.

I played WAR for a while and found it great at first and then soon after really really boring. Questing was the height of tedium, open world PvP or RvR was supposed to be the main aim of the game but the servers were ghost towns. There was no PUG system for getting a team together for the instances and the few who were online just seemed to spend all their time doing scenarios (BG's in warcraft) because you could get quick XP there (and there was nothing else to do). If they wanted the game to suceed they should have had massive populations on very few servers IMO.

Thats pretty much the experience I had with it. As I say, It's a shame really as it had the potential to be excellent.

Hopefully Aion will be a big hit.

Â