World of Warcraft

The_Rev

You should rattle off a few quests in SMV/Netherstorm or that new island place and not cash them in until you have activated your account, bit of instant XP.

Or you can gank Death Knights in Hellfire Peninsula. :lol:

Ah yes, nice thinking mate. Will try that maybe friday night.

And some questing as well ;-)

Am actually looking forward to it now....even though yow am gonna be god miles in front o' me...

Some of the quests are good fun, eg "Inner Turmoil" where you basically run to the top of the mountain in Howling Fjord, pray a bit then fight a mirror image of yourself. Some of them are a pain in the arse though, eg any where you need to wait for a respawn that lots of people are queuing up to do. I've nearly cleared out HF, think I'll do the same in Borean Tundra next as hopefully it'll be a bit quieter.

Oh, and nice Blue concerning Warlocks:

As we have mentioned, we are discussing some exciting changes to how soul shards might work. This is not an announcement of an overhaul to that system, but it will make shard use slightly less painful.

When a warlock casts Ritual of Summoning, instead of creating a portal, they will summon a new creation similar to a dungeon meeting stone. It will cost one shard to create this item. Then, anyone in the warlock’s party or raid can use the “meeting stone” to summon other members of the group. For example, once the warlock summons the stone, then party members B and C could summon D without the warlock’s direct involvement, and most importantly without requiring additional shards. You will be able to bring the rest of a 25-person raid quickly (since you can summon folks simultaneously), for the cost of a single shard, and with less clicking on the part of the lock.

The “meeting stone” will last 5 minutes with a 5 minute cooldown. It will not be usable in areas where summoning is currently restricted, such as battlegrounds or in combat. Creating the stone still requires 2 people in addition to the warlock. Summoning actual party members only requires 2 people.

This change will be in for the next patch, which will occur before the 3.1 Ulduar content patch.

Seems a bit odd that they finally decided to do this now raid instances are actually in zones where the mobs populating said zone drop shards (yes, i still have painful memories of summoning **** to Kargath from Orgrimmar) but very welcome non the less.

I don't see what the rush is to get to 80. I'm in a raiding guild, yet still want to take it slow. The most fun part is the leveling. Plus I think the quests in WoTLK are superb. Much better than BC in my opinion. I'm taking it slow until 80 because I want to enjoy leveling and enjoy the expansion as a whole.

Â