World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Awesome! Personally, I love Elemental Mastery (31 pt Elemental tree) since it gives you a guaranteed mana free crit every 3 mins.

The blue PVP gear is also very good. I still GW everywhere with the boots on rather than mount. It's only 5% slower than a normal mount and you are not as obvious as you are with "TV receiver" elements shoulders on while riding a kodo. Also very good for running the flag or slipping by enemies in AB.

Sadly, you wont get the rank in time to claim them since ranks are null and void after Tuesday's (Wednesday for you) patch 2.01 and all honour is reset.

It's only 5% slower than a normal mount and you are not as obvious as you are with "TV receiver" elements shoulders on while riding a kodo.

They're crutches aren't they?

It's only 5% slower than a normal mount and you are not as obvious as you are with "TV receiver" elements shoulders on while riding a kodo.

They're crutches aren't they?

Heh heh... could be.

I have a mate in game who is constantly asking me to turn around 90 degrees to the left......

... cause his reception is crappy.

Or offering to pay me 5s....

... if he can hang his washed townies out to dry on my shoulders.

Or if I'm not on vents....

... to get a pair of headphones off my shoulders.

Or if I will help him with his epic mount...

... cause it needs new horse shoes.

:roll:

Awesome! Personally, I love Elemental Mastery (31 pt Elemental tree) since it gives you a guaranteed mana free crit every 3 mins.

The blue PVP gear is also very good. I still GW everywhere with the boots on rather than mount. It's only 5% slower than a normal mount and you are not as obvious as you are with "TV receiver" elements shoulders on while riding a kodo. Also very good for running the flag or slipping by enemies in AB.

Sadly, you wont get the rank in time to claim them since ranks are null and void after Tuesday's (Wednesday for you) patch 2.01 and all honour is reset.

I know, that's really pissed me off. About 10% away from rank 7 as well....damn!

Oh well, shouldn't take too long to get up there with the new system hopefully.

I tried Elemental Mastery Oz, and while it is nice, I just find Nature's Swiftness to hard to live without. I've got pretty good crit chance anyway, and with NS you can more or less get lighning bolts off one after another anyway, and have a chance of them both critting!

As far as i know you still get rank for this week, so if you are going for Blood Guard you should still get it, so keep working.

Honour gets reset as of day one of the next patch.

900g on a mount? Whys that then?

Technically not true. 900g for riding skill 150, not the mount. Even less with faction reputation.

The epic mount itself costs only a few gold.

Sad thing is I will need to do it now anyway....

... since you cannot get a flying mount in BC without first having riding skill 150 and there are places you simply cannot get to if you do not have a flying mount. :evil:

As far as i know you still get rank for this week, so if you are going for Blood Guard you should still get it, so keep working.

My understanding is that rank WILL be updated one last time (so you will get the rank)....

... but you CANNOT claim any new pvp rewards as the system will have changed. The only thing you get with rank post 2.01 is the ability to choose what rank (if any) you display before your character name.

My understanding is that rank WILL be updated one last time (so you will get the rank)....

... but you CANNOT claim any new pvp rewards as the system will have changed. The only thing you get with rank post 2.01 is the ability to choose what rank (if any) you display before your character name.

Well the only reason to get rank is for the rewards! I mean, I don't see many people saluting as I walk past!

Well the only reason to get rank is for the rewards! I mean, I don't see many people saluting as I walk past!

It's an ego thing come 2.01. Those who had High Warlord can have that title prepending their name so that the rest of us can bathe in their aura of PvP excellence....

... or lack of real life as they ground out the rep. One or the other.

But since Blizzard canned rank, they had to keep those grinders happy somehow.

So do i mate.

I do think there is a weeks grace in getting rewards. Though obviously im prepared to be corrected. If you arent sure, cant you just save all your tokens for next week?

anyway, **** that. Low level DK's is where its at! Get em while you still can. My Priest has 7 already!

lowleveldkftwda8.jpg

Playing with level 60 patch builds ive came up with the following:

Heavy Affliction. 38-2-11

Sick dots. Instant Howl. Anti Dispel Talents. I dont really understand the Soul Siphon Tooltip. It reads like your affliction spells become stronger if you put more affliction spells on a single target, but it is fairly unclear. Was thinking about Unstable Affliction, but i think that what i would lose in getting it (shadowburn) would be more than i gain.

Going with destruction to Shadowburn gives two spare points. And as any Warlock will say, "if in doubt, stick em in Demonic Embrace"

Heavy Demonology. Felguard build. 5-46-0

It really is an "all eggs in one basket" build, isnt it? But jayzus what a basket! Trying to max the gain from demonic knowledge by maxxing the "filler" talents Fel Intellect and Fel Stamina that no one bothers with in the current tree. Demonic aegis will probably be great when you can learn Fel Armour, but thats TBC only so not worth the effort yet. Had 5-41-0 for a while and five spare points. Decided to stick them in the juicier talents at the top of the demonology tree instead of plopping them at the bottom of affliction or destruction. Decided to make the demon get the mana i get from Lifetap and because ill be soul linked, take Demonic Resilience too.

Heavy Destruction. 0-1-50

You can get NF/Conflag playstyle the way you really wanted it here cant you? Backlash is the key to the entire tree for me. Should proc more than Nightfall against bloodyfucking hunters and duel weilding words removed who could just slow your attack speed down by 50-60% and rape your hitpoints simply by pressing auto attack. Intensity should really help out there too (and ive said it on Vent, if they had done that since day one and made fel concentration all affliction spells, there would have been no need for the deathcoil buff in the first place) Soul Leech looks too hot to miss and Nether Protection > Shadowpriests/Fire Mages/Other Warlocks. I think now shadowfury has a workable cooldown (the old one was a piss take) it might be worth taking. 1 point left. Demonic Embrace.

Im sure none of these are the "best" builds as they are all extremely heavy in one tree which could leave you a bit lop sided at 60. But whats the fun in tweaking an existing build slightly?

They're pretty much what I would go for too, save for a few fillers swapped around here and there. I'm still not sure about the mechanics of Unstable Affliction. It'll be an awesome group PvP talent which is pretty much the way Affliction is heading more and more. And if that DD from UA can crit, thats some sick damage right there. Thing is, it needs dispelling for that to happen and the dispell chance reduction talents hinder this even more. Shadowburn is much more reliable.

I'd probably take the increase to the armour buffs over Imp Imp in Demonology. All your damage comes from Felly so chances are, you'll be better off using him in instances rather than speccing for a passive imp buff and shite DPS. Plus, the increase in armour from talents in Demonic Aegis is going to futher increase both your survivability and your Felguards due to Soul Link. The less damage you take, the less damage is transfered to him. It's just a question of "will that 30% make the difference". Only practical application will answer that.

As for Siphon Soul, your Life Drain scales up depending on how many afflictions are on the target you're draining. I'm guessing the rest just means its capped at a max increase of 24% as it doesn't state it only works off YOUR afflictions.

Â