World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Dunno, doubt it will be a burden, but if you manage to get aggro and you wipe half the ride with a breath... well you aint gonna be popular.

Tbh. i think our gear is making a lot of difference lateley. With the gear ive got now, and after i got the first transc set-bonus, i dont seem to go out of mana. If i use pots with that, i can keep going on forever without innervates or mana-tides. I bet if we timed pots, totems and innervates, we could be going on in ages.

Im still unsure if it was a wise idea to call a wipe on the first firemaw attempt. We had so many healers and 2 tanks left. Would have been a quality kill..

And maxjackle, i guarentee you that people rate paladins. Id say, in the right spec, they are amongst the most wanted endgame classes. But this requires PvE focus. If you are gonna roll horde and do mostly solo stuff, and the occational group thing, id roll Hunter, Warlock, Mage or maybe Rogue. This would atleast be a change from beeing a pally.

We still use feint^^ and from 20% onwards all the warriors are execute spamming, and we're never gonna out aggro that.

Man I love that fight :nod:

So thats a yes for no FR then :P

So they have fully re-done the whole shadow TBC branch. The shitty PvE, but quite fantastic PvP talent where you healed yourself in shadowform, has been replaced with a talent which gives Vampric Embrace not only health regen of the dmg you do, but also mana. Along with this they have given another talent for mana regen, which clearly is an indication of PvE raiding in shadow. The holy ultimate has been buffed aswell, while the disc tree has gotten a stat boost spell.

Im fairly sure a disc/holy pvp spec, with proper spellpower gear, would be fantastic. Power Infusion and the 60% dmg reduction from attackers.

We still use feint^^ and from 20% onwards all the warriors are execute spamming, and we're never gonna out aggro that.

Man I love that fight :nod:

So thats a yes for no FR then :P

Ive been thinking a bit about this.

How much FR do you have (buffed) when Vael is pulled? You dont need any more than casters do you? Its not like Ragnaros where you are getting different attacks in melee than the ranged are getting, at Vael is the AOE and thats about it.

I dont wear more than about 170 fully buffed. And im guessing i get less buffs than you should you have a Shaman in your group. You really dont need to stick full FR on. Just enough to get by. Try 150-170 buffed?

Actually we had a Priest with us last time but no Shammy. This time I'm going to push for a Shammy so we get the totem. 170 buffed is currently what we have at the moment (over 200 if we have a shaman with us). We never go all out FR. Therefore with dmg gear (with naturally 50-60 FR) plus totem plus cow buff we'll be at about 120 buffed, and can take Vael down a hell of alot faster. But can the Shammy keep us alive? Tune in next week to find out!

But can the Shammy keep us alive? Tune in next week to find out!

I've been in the main healing group the last couple of times on Vael, but before that I was in the DPS group and kept them alive with no problems at all.

You know how everyone is linking TBC blue items that are as good as/better than todays Molten Core/Blackwing Lair Loot, and also people are saying that Naxx loot is a little too good and how its shit that an instance cant be beaten without a shitload of consumables?

Well, its fairly clear that the place is the bridge between the game and the expantion, isnt it? The bulk of the people who play the game will probably be doing it at level 63 or so (when you are the same level as ?? bosses in terms of "chance to hit" with attacks, which can gimp your DPS by upto 17% with spells. Im assuming a similar value with melee) and all of a sudden when you do that the raiding gear that you are getting from Naxx suddenly looks like it has its place. Better than the blues from quests. Enough to see you to the TBC raids where the good shit drops. The reason i mention? Check these:

Mace with +238 healing

73 DPS 1h sword

A trinket which is basically the best two trinkets outside of Naxx (ZHC and Neltharion's Tear) combined

Probably just stated the obvious there, but it does seem that Blizz have build a nice bridge between the old world and the new one.

Oh, i am.

Blessing of impossible to overnuke a.k.a. easy mode? Yes please!

nerfwarlockstk3.jpg

I could probably even pull stunts like this on Broodlord Lashlayer and not get aggro.

No external buffs used here. Just Curse of Shadow and the ZHC. Every caster should get a ZHC!

Did a bit of exploring last night with Dan and Scoobs too. Off to the Caverns of Time first. Its a freaky place, with a couple of crazy skylines, and a huge leaning tower that makes you feel sick when you are climbing it.

cot1dg6.th.jpg

Then it was off to Ironforge Airport!

gravityar3.th.jpg

Getting there requires a jump with some slow fall on (well, it certainly helps) so lots of Noggenfogger Elixir was needed. Unfortunately for me, the buff stayed on when i was riding, and when i got to the top of the mountain that Ironforge is in too look at the view, it was time to come back down.

Now you know how sometimes on a steep hill the floor falls from underneath you and you drop and take damage? On something as high as the top of Ironforge, with a slow fall buff, you just float away into the distance. I think i landed somewhere near Orgrimmar...

Still got there in the end:

ironforgeairportxy1.th.jpg

There is a pitched battle going on in the middle of the airport, between the Ironforge Dwarfs and a load of level 8 Trolls. Given that the Dwarfs are all level 30-55, its more of a slaughter, but the Trolls dont give up.

And there is still more exploring to go back there. There is a secret wall that Locks can summon through, and that leads to a leap of faith to Old Ironforge. Unfortunately its very easy to miss the jump, as we found out last night!

Well as me and Scoobs ended up at the Deeprun tram after making the jump into nothingness, we decided to have some good old stealth Ironforge action. Then we got the train to Stormwind and did the same, we kicked some serious ass inside those walls! I was up most of the night.

If we manage to down Neffy soon, i guess we will do some BWL farming runs.. but should we start AQ40 or simply drop it for Naxx? Ive heard of a fair few guilds who has BWL on farm, who simply ignores AQ40 and moves into Naxx instead. Personally i would like to do AQ40, but what do you think? From what ive seen, AQ40 doesnt have any special loot, which is required to advance in Naxx.

Btw. Gramme has been silent for some time. Anyone know how it went for his guild?

I'd like to do AQ, we can fly through to Huhuran and then farm those first few bosses and maybe up to the twin emps before we venture into Naxx. Theres no need to have Cthun on farm.

Thing is, killing bosses in AQ/Naxx after 60 just won't feel the same, it will feel like cheating, so lets do as much as we can before it comes out!

Nice one Nays, I made it to Ironforge Airport a couple of weeks ago, but nobody else was on to join me! I know how to get to GM Island as well, but unfortunately it requires a bit of jiggery buggery, and is quite likely to lead to an instant ban, so I may set up another trial account and try it out.

Btw. Gramme has been silent for some time. Anyone know how it went for his guild?

Still here! Our hacked fella got all his gear back (minus enchants), but none of the guild bank stuff. The GMs were weird and/or lazy. Without asking, they managed to return 3 BoE greens from the last Naxxramas run, but claimed to be 'unable to find' other reported missing items.

The whole carry-on took about two weeks to resolve and did dent morale a bit. Our Naxxramas progress has temporarily stalled (on 9 bosses), but we got Loatheb down again on Tuesday so it's not all doom and gloom. Part of the problem is a shortage of healers at the minute, as well as the other stuff we've had to deal with.

Before all this happened we had Gluth on 18%, so hopefully we can nail him before the reset this Wednesday and get things rolling again. The top Alliance guild on Draenor has 12 bosses down and is now starting on the Four Horsemen.

What PvP battleground group are you guys in? Am I ever likely to run into any of you?

How's Nefarian going? Phase 1 headaches?

We play on a PvP server Gramme. We dont get mixed with you vanilla server lightweights. ;)

We are having phase 1 fun now. Black and Red last week. Blue and Red this.

Real nice Chromaggus kill though. Ninja pulled when no one was ready, Time Lapse for the first time ever, and he went down with only the MT dying right at the last. I think we can safely call it Farm Status up to and including Chromaggus now. Not bad for a guild that only raids BWL two nights a week.

Yeah our dps is shit, cant kill off the mobs fast enough :notsure:

South did ok by all accounts, need a better balance on tuesday imo. Also need to master the transition to phase 2, Gorthauer said he just stopped getting heals when Nef landed, ppl seem to panic, and i always die :?

We got shadowflamed every time he landed, and we lost people due to that. The Northern melee dps isnt as good as the southern Mage dps. Maybe AoE helps? Dunno. though i think we had a fairly hard colour combo. The balance probably wasnt good enough, and i dare say we had to many healers. Healing aggro is a big issue though, as the mobs dont go down fast enough, they start hitting on healers. But all in all it was an improvement

Â