World of Warcraft

The_Rev

I was there for all but one first kill and I still won't get a t2 piece for months. There are 5 mages with more fp than me. They spent a lot more time on raggy than I did.

Is it just the amount of fp for a first kill you don't like?

Yes, there shouldnt be a first kill bonus like that in the first place. Atleast not a firstkill amount which means wiping on bosses 3 nights in a row, can mean **** all when the next night 2 easy bosses is downed, and thats valued twice the amount of wiping.

A mage could do firstkills all the way up to chromaggus, get idiotic amount of FPs, then take a very long break. You takeover, spend more time then that person in the instance, and he could in theory walk back in and take loot from you, even though he doesnt deserve it. Its not time and effort they reward with FPs, its simply who is fortunate enough to be there on the easy bosses.

But I've been there for all the "easy" bosses. I still get no loot.

I would agree with reducing the first kill FP bonus, but not removing it. Otherwise you end up with a guild which just keeps doing MC.

If you want to get rid, what will the incentive be to start on Naxx? It'll be a nightmare with people wanting an easy ride on MC and BWL. Top end players will have to leave to progress - and then everyone will moan at that too.

No, you think removing FP firstkill bonus will prevent us doing bwl? The FP system in itself is what helps us move on in bwl. The fact that those who raid bwl get loot over those who only farm mc.

Firstkill points shouldnt have anything to do with FP and the current bwl system. The introduction of FP was a good idea, because it made people start attending and work for loot the hard way. The introduction of firstkill points is just a fist in the face for those who has wiped, worked hard, but has RL commitments. Why should 2 easy bosses be worth more then several nights wiping on one hard one?

Anyway, subject change for a sec.

Ive got about 20 mins of footage from Hyjal last night (8gb raw footage!) and i want to speed it up in Vegas by a percentage so that it matches the length of the music ive picked for it, which is about 11 minutes long.

Any idea how, cos i havent got a **** clue! Would be nice to just be able to treat all the video i imported (2 x 10 minute segmets) as one big video file, and just drag this to match the length of the music, so that shortening the bar by dragging it just speeds up the footage.

I see you managed to figure out how to speed up and slow down sections Dan. How did you do this? All i found was an option called Velocity which doesnt actually appear to do anything. Im a lazy bastard, and cant be arsed to spend ages just pressing stuff to see what it does. Any suggestions?

Right click the media, properties and change "playback rate", change the ratio to whatever fits your music.

vegasproblemws3.th.jpg

Hmmm.

See, when i do that, i assume that the length of the footage will become smaller, only it doesnt. The "gaps" between each segment appear instead.

If i play the footage, it does go at 2x speed, but the length of the file remains the same, so iit stutters and loops in places to draw the time out. Thats a pain in the arse, i can tell you.

Is there no way of just dragging the footage to the same length as the music and letting the program decide the playback speed?

There are several alliance guilds, who havent made it past chrom, but have downed Sartura in AQ40... the day we down Neffy and we do the run a couple of times, i relly hope we will start with AQ40 just as intensiveley

Its only 3 megabytes though. Should take some of you, ooo, four hours or so for that amount?

Anyway:

2ndepicmountla3.th.jpg

The really good thing about this patch! If you have an epic mount, you now have the epic mount riding skill and can buy epic mounts for..... 80 gold! (90g if you are a scout or a grunt in PvP)

The Frostwolf from AV is only eight gold now. Even Trl could afford to have that!

If you havent had an epic mount before, you still have to find the 1000g from somewhere though. Unless you are a Warlock. :mrgreen:

I wish id frappsed it now.

I was at the front of the kill with the Maintank and seeing the fight from that side is quite cool. Get to see Chromaggus' face(s) and even when you run out of LOS you can still see absolutely everything clearly. Best part was you lot on vent saying stuff like:

"has his breath stopped yet?"

"dunno, best wait a couple of seconds after the cast starts.."

"yeah, i count to two before i jump back in"

Im like, well, i can still see a **** huge ball of fire, im staying put!

Â