World of Warcraft

The_Rev

And why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh WHY do people insist on saying "res please" after a wipe?! Thank God they remind me, otherwise I'd have just carried on in UBRS or wherever by myself!

And why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh WHY do people insist on saying "res please" after a wipe?! Thank God they remind me, otherwise I'd have just carried on in UBRS or wherever by myself!

Ah guess now how it is beeing a priest.

Next run I'm going to shout out:

"Warriors, tank please!"

"Rogues, stab em with your daggers!"

"Hunters, use your pet!"

etc etc!

I really want to join a decent guild. I thought half the point of joining guilds was that people help you out, as well as doing end game dungeons. I can honestly say that PDX is useless for people giving you a hand with anything. If it isn't a ZG run, they don't want to know.

So funny when people claim the dont overheal. Dont think healers generally get the power of renew and shield.

Don't know what you mean sorry Tarj.

For me, over healing means healing a target just after a priest has, usually when the target is near to full health. See loads of shammies and droods doing it, and they're dead chuffed when they're high in the healing stats at end of fight.

I try to never do this. It's not always possible of course, but I try to heal when it's obvious that someone's about to die, or the priest is OOM or whatever, or there are multiple people in the group with very low health.

It can't be an exact science, but at least I give it a go.

My pet hate is after a wipe when the Shaman says "can't use ankh, will get aggro".

Why the **** didn't you run away to a safe place then? As soon as you realise its going tits up, you should run away to a mobless area to die. A bit like me with Vanish (it works when theres no dots on me, or fire being breathed about), if for no other reason then to save 10% armour, there comes a point where I have to accept the wipe, and chicken out. You lot should do the same, run away from the mobs we couldn't kill!

Heal over times are the best ones i think. It certainly shows that the healer is on top and in control of things, rather than just panic healing things that are half dead.

Renew, or even better the Druids Regrowth. I love Druid healing, as out and out healers, they are every bit as good as a shadow priest.

Heal over times can heal the tank as he is taking damage, essentially keeping him topped up, rather than a quick bust taking him from half health to full health just before he takes damage again. And it means pesky Warlocks like me can lifetap while the renew/regrowth is on us, and essentially get free mana :D

My pet hate is after a wipe when the Shaman says "can't use ankh, will get aggro".

Why the **** didn't you run away to a safe place then? As soon as you realise its going tits up, you should run away to a mobless area to die. A bit like me with Vanish (it works when theres no dots on me, or fire being breathed about), if for no other reason then to save 10% armour, there comes a point where I have to accept the wipe, and chicken out. You lot should do the same, run away from the mobs we couldn't kill!

I agree Dan, and try to do this when possible. Somtimes though you just get twatted so quick, you die where you stand. Other times you might not know the instance that well and get caught out of area. Hasn't happened to me for a while though. Mainly because I'm stood at the back, healing like a girl!

On the subject though, it pisses me off when people die miles away surrounded by mobs, then expect to get ressed. Like arseholes who run into the rookery in UBRS, open all the eggs then go and die in the corner out of range. Enjoy the run back, dickheads!

Shamen dont have an instant aggro loser though. Only Rogues and Hunters have that. Running away to a "safe" area isnt actually that easy when you have shitloads of things beating on you, that wont stop beating on you. Ive seen Tauren Shamen Warstomp > Ghostwolf > Run, but its not really a surefire success even if all the mobs around you are stunned. And you cant even do that if you are Orc or Troll Shamie. If you run off too early, you will be lambasted for being a chickenshit. Life isnt so easy when you dont have that instant safety button Dan!

Plus you can't use ghost wolf indoors, and you have to make sure you're not leading the mobs into everybody else. (like that clearing in the woods in DM!)

It usually isn't a big problem though. If the mobs have been pulled properly, they just piss off back to their spot, and it's ankh time.

Soulstone is better anyway ;)

(more health, more mana, massively shorter cooldown)

Anyway, im going to do something crazy and unusual now. Leave the house! Off to London for a night on the tiles. Back tomorrow.

Make sure you kill some Allys for me!

It got another run out in UBRS the night before! Actually I was going to use it last night, but made the noob error of not sharpening up my armor before going in....glad we didn't wipe much. I also need a decent enchant on it, but that can wait until I get epic mount.

Â