So on my trip to Boston yesterday...

leviramsey

Should I start worrying?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should I start worrying?

• Yes
    • No

...I was carrying this briefcase with a million dollars in unmarked, non-sequential $100 bills.

I set it down on the sidewalk to scratch my ass for a moment and forgot to pick it up again.

I distinctly remember leaving my business card in the [unlocked] briefcase.

I haven't gotten any phone calls or anything. Should I start to worry? It would really suck to lose a million bucks like that.

no, don't worry...

i found a briefcase with a million dollars & handed it in to the Police.

so you can just walk into a police station & claim it back.

of course, i assume that you can explain why you were carrying a million dollars in cash, and i also assume that you aren't wanted by the police.

Thats such a coincidence. I found a briefcase with a million dollars in it yesterday, which is good for me as the exchange rate into pounds is quite favourable at the moment.

Im spending next week looking for property in Sutton Coldfield.

of course, i assume that you can explain why you were carrying a million dollars in cash,

That's an interesting point. Should you have to explain that? I mean, it's not illegal. It's very unusual, but someone is within their rights to do it if they want. Is there a set figure at which point you need to explain yourself? Say up to5k is OK but >=£5k needs explaining? I dunno :?

That's an interesting point. Should you have to explain that? I mean, it's not illegal. It's very unusual, but someone is within their rights to do it if they want. Is there a set figure at which point you need to explain yourself? Say up to5k is OK but >=£5k needs explaining? I dunno :?

The police aren't a financial institution, so they wouldn't have to file a Currency Transaction Report for a cash transaction over $10k.

But a Suspicious Activity Report is perhaps another matter.

Slipping a few grand to the shift commander might cause him to come around to my way of thinking.

Â