Europa League Final/FA Cup Final

Out of curiosity... who gets the CL place for winning the Europa League given that both sides have already qualified for the CL?

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Out of curiosity... who gets the CL place for winning the Europa League given that both sides have already qualified for the CL?

I think I’ve read somewhere that there’s an extra place in the qualification rounds but I’m far from definite.

10 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Atalanta are going to cause a big upset in the CL next year if they can keep this squad together 

We dont want to play them, would be a bad match for us

13 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Italy have 6 teams now I think 😂

Atalanta dumped out Sporting, Liverpool and Leverkusen.  Gasparini outcoaching Amorim, Klopp and Xabi Alonso, has to be one of the most underrated managers about.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, duke313 said:

Atalanta dumped out Sporting, Liverpool and Leverkusen.  Gasparini outcoaching Amorim, Klopp and Xabi Alonso, has to be one of the most underrated managers about.

It’s one season. He’s doing a great job at Atalanta though, for sure. 

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It’s one season. He’s doing a great job at Atalanta though, for sure. 

More than one season though, he has had great results in Europe before and 2020 probably would have got to the final. Were 1 up when ran out of subs and PSG beat them with 10 men in stoppage time

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Zatman said:

More than one season though, he has had great results in Europe before and 2020 probably would have got to the final. Were 1 up when ran out of subs and PSG beat them with 10 men in stoppage time

Would have got there.... but didn't?  Also barely scraped through the group stage that season including being absolutely hammered away to Dinamo Zagreb - but Zagreb and Shakhtar drew both games against each other so Atalanta came 2nd with only 7 points and a -4 GD (I'm guessing this is some sort of record low for group qualification).

I'm got no qualms with Atalanta or Gasperini - they're a great side to watch and are punching above their weight in general terms but I'm not sure he's massively underrated.  People rate him, but he's not one of the best in the World.  That's about it.

Edited by bobzy

19 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Would have got there.... but didn't?  Also barely scraped through the group stage that season including being absolutely hammered away to Dinamo Zagreb - but Zagreb and Shakhtar drew both games against each other so Atalanta came 2nd with only 7 points and a -4 GD (I'm guessing this is some sort of record low for group qualification).

I'm got no qualms with Atalanta or Gasperini - they're a great side to watch and are punching above their weight in general terms but I'm not sure he's massively underrated.  People rate him, but he's not one of the best in the World.  That's about it.

Yes in 2020 small Atalanta ran out of players including his star player who scored 4 in the previous round having a serious bout of depression while still a forward line of Neymar and Mbappe needed them to go down to 10 men to win

He is a top 10 manager in world football for me better than the new hype merchants like Slot, Amorim. He has revolutionised Italian football as he brought back the 3 at the back with Genoa and made it fashionable which most managers like Conte have now copied. 

Just now, Zatman said:

Yes in 2020 small Atalanta ran out of players including his star player who scored 4 in the previous round having a serious bout of depression while still a forward line of Neymar and Mbappe needed them to go down to 10 men to win

He is a top 10 manager in world football for me better than the new hype merchants like Slot, Amorim. He has revolutionised Italian football as he brought back the 3 at the back with Genoa and made it fashionable which most managers like Conte have now copied. 

You're seemingly wanting to cherry pick one game and say it was an absolute masterclass but they got unlucky because of subs (which sounds like bad planning to me!).  The group stage was nowhere near as impressive.  Over 2 legs, with one away at PSG, it may have been entirely different.

But I'm glad that any manager doing well - aside from Gasperini - is a "hype merchant" :D 

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

You're seemingly wanting to cherry pick one game and say it was an absolute masterclass but they got unlucky because of subs (which sounds like bad planning to me!).  The group stage was nowhere near as impressive.  Over 2 legs, with one away at PSG, it may have been entirely different.

But I'm glad that any manager doing well - aside from Gasperini - is a "hype merchant" :D 

It was the 1st time they qualified for Champions League. We struggled in the lesser Conference League against the mighty Lech Poznan and Mostar

They smashed Valencia, won in Ukraine

Managers doing it in lesser leagues but hyped as geniuses I would say are hype merchants

Just now, Zatman said:

It was the 1st time they qualified for Champions League. We struggled in the lesser Conference League against the mighty Lech Poznan and Mostar

They smashed Valencia, won in Ukraine

Agree - we also lost in a cup to Stevenage and got knocked out the Conference League by Olympiakos.

Emery is **** shit.

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Agree - we also lost in a cup to Stevenage and got knocked out the Conference League by Olympiakos.

Emery is **** shit.

Wow what a may to move the goalposts 😂😂😂😂

Â