Who will be top scorer this season

paddy

Out of the current crop who will be top scorer this season?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Out of the current crop who will be top scorer this season?

• "Super" Kev
    • JPA
    • Luke
    • Nobby
    • Berger?!
    • Hendrie?!
    • Other (please state)

Ok OUT OF OUR CURRENT CROP (that means you can't say Baros), who do you reckon will be our top scorer this season? I was thinking about this earlier today and came to the decision that as much as I didn't think much of him as a signing, now that Vass has gone Angel won't be getting so many so I think "Super" Kev will end up top scorer, what do you reckon?

i think it will be close, i think Juan will hit the form book again this season, but phillips will be hot on his heels, it all adds for a good bit of competition dont it?

It has to be Kev. Considering his natural ability to put the ball in the net.

I think he'll cope better than Juan, but I'm hopeful Juan will contribute well as he seems to be very much up for it.

If we do manage to get a striker (on loan at least) I think it'll provide emphasis for KP to stick more in the net. He knows there aren't that many years left in him so he'll look to retire on a high.

JPA for me

even though he fluffed a chance or two against the tatters, i thought he had that bit of spring back that was sadly missing all last season

if he can get that yard of pace back by season kick off i think he and Phillips will both have decent seasons. maybe 15+ each

I think JPA will miss Vass big time, we'll see though.

I'm surprised no-one has gone for Nobby seeing as he was top scorer last season (I think)

I picked Solano, knowing full well he won't be. But, the only reason he won't be is because he doesn't take penalties. Scoring is one thing, being the reason we scored is another- and the reason we will score this coming season I feel will land on the shoulders of Solano rather than any other bloke in Claret and Blue. Get in Solano, you are loved, and you kick ass.

i dont think it was that yard of pace that was a factor last season, more his (Angel's) inability to be onside!

This season Angel may have an advantage with the new offside rules where officials may let play continue until an offside player actually touches the ball or is deemed to obstruct an opponent.

Of course the offside rules won't help him at all if he insists on playing deep in the midfield. He is never going to be as fast as Vassell was but his finishing was always better.

Angel went on record saying that he is hoping for European football at Villa Park. He will have to do considerably better than last season if he hopes to see that happen. I hope that his form from 2 seasons ago returns.

I voted Phillips. Ever since he signed I have said he will be top scorer and even if we sign another striker Phillips has the natural goal scoring ability - he can come on with 15 mins to go and still nick a goal or two for us.

Â