Is our future as bright as we think it is?

Leeroy

On 11/03/2024 at 21:32, Leeroy said:

I'm not trying to tempt fate or be pre-emptive, but I don't know if our future is so bright. If our revenues don't improve quickly, given the rules we are up against, we could easily do a Leicester and get relegated in a few years after looking like a marginal top 4 side.

Leicester owners Duty Free Shop finances took a massive hit because of Covid and they refused Rodgers transfer funds. Not comparable to us

I think the bright future is all relative. I don't see us becoming one of the established elite, I do think we have the ability to present a challenge in future seasons alongside Newcastle, West ham, spurs. 

The biggest concern I have for our future is how we cope post Unai and what comes next. 

Well, if we have learned anything, it's that the manager is the most important thing to get right. Post MON Lerner made a balls of appointment after appointment and it got us into a downward spiral of falling attendances, falling league positions, and one can only assume falling revenue and a decline in the calibre of player we signed.

The manager is absolutely key and I never want us to go cheap on manager again.

• Like 2