Theological disaster

Jareth

It is difficult not to notice American clamour for scripture. Also Israeli clamour for theological supremacy. The UK has evangelisists, but I'm pretty sure we are quite secular. Personally I am worried that most of the western world has lost rationality.  

• Haha 1

As opposed to the non Western world?

The whole world is bonkers to some degree. 

• Like 1

Just now, Xela said:

As opposed to the non Western world?

The whole world is bonkers to some degree. 

The US has banned abortion, Israel has an attitude that being so close to god gives them a right to mass murder, and have you met UK evangelists? Very weird people, but they are prevalent especially amongst the middle classes, and they are also devout and dedicated. It freaks me out that a middle class mate has a brother that is an evangelist - a church of theirs used to be just a church but it's now a mostly white stronghold of wealthy easily scared people in the centre of Bristol. These people are supposed to care about share prices etc but they have a theological foundation. There is so much good about religion but we are moving from nationalism to theologiasm, it's scary shit.

11 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Maybe they have noticed that secular values carry no political weight but theological values do?

More than noticed, tory MPs have based their careers on it. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

There are no gods.  

Religion causes evil.  

Nah - people cause it - under the banner of religion

Edited by Jareth

2 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

There are no gods.  

While I agree with this ... I remain agnostic ... ie I don't have an ideology or doctrine regarding gods.

30 minutes ago, Jareth said:
2 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Religion causes evil.  

Nah - people cause it - under the banner of religion

Nah ... evil (and good) are social constructs ... literally, they are figments of our collective imagination.

Also, I think you mean theistic disaster, rather than theological. Or perhaps religious disaster.

3 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

While I agree with this ... I remain agnostic ... ie I don't have an ideology or doctrine regarding gods.

Nah ... evil (and good) are social constructs ... literally, they are figments of our collective imagination.

Also, I think you mean theistic disaster, rather than theological. Or perhaps religious disaster.

I'm not an academic, I mean religiousness has corrupted politics. It will get worse