White Lung Virus 24

Pongo Waring

I hate threads like this . The Covid thread came back to bite me on the arse when I posted on the first few pages in that. You never know what’s scaremongering and what isn’t but I know the world likes to scaremonger a lot so hopefully that’s all it is. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

He plays to a certain audience nowadays. I saw a video pop up of him giving a lecture on cancer, he’ll latch on to anything to keep his popularity high . He’ll probably blame the vaccines for the outbreak of pneumonia.

• Like 2

There's no reporting of a 'white lung virus'.

This the result of China finally easing COVID controls and experiencing the same fallout from that that everyone else did - a sharp increase in respiratory illnesses (notably flu viruses and chest infection causing bacteria) particularly among children, who had been prevented from mixing to combat COVID who were now getting hammered by every illness they'd avoided for 3 years.

This isn't anything to worry about. The thing that made COVID bad was it was a completely new virus that spread incredibly efficiently and where it affected people badly it was took significant amounts of care to support them and was reasonably deadly for a virus of its type (though could have been worse). This isn't that, it's a lot of viruses and illnesses we know about hitting a vulnerable population with a vengeance.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

He plays to a certain audience nowadays. I saw a video pop up of him giving a lecture on cancer, he’ll latch on to anything to keep his popularity high . He’ll probably blame the vaccines for the outbreak of pneumonia.

When your livelihood has come to rely on your reporting on things that relate to a virus that has a nice chunky 'skeptic' audience as well, it's in your interest to keep that audience buying.

He rapidly became a joke.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

When your livelihood has come to rely on your reporting on things that relate to a virus that has a nice chunky 'skeptic' audience as well, it's in your interest to keep that audience buying.

He rapidly became a joke.

Yeah I think it was you who pointed him out to me when I asked why he’d changed sides from pro vaccine to against it. 

11 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Very much like Michael Moseley, who has to come up with some radical new health/diet 'breakthrough' every year or so to plug his latest book. 

• Like 2

Â