League One

Zatman

I couldnt find a thread for League One so thought maybe best to start a new one as have not seen something like this before. 

Cheltenham have made an incredible start to the season, 11 league games without a goal to start the season. Did they secretly hire Lambert?

Didn’t see it mentioned in the relevant fixtures thread, but Leyton Orient’s game against Lincoln was abandoned after 83 minutes as an Orient supporter needed medical treatment.

It seems a supporter ran on to inform the referee, the game initially continued but around 20 Orient supporters ran onto the pitch to get the game stopped. The ref took the teams off the pitch and the game was abandoned.

Orient were winning 1-0. The supporter, Derek Reynolds aged 74, died.

No decision has been made with regards to replaying the game.

• Sad 1

Just now, Mark Albrighton said:

Didn’t see it mentioned in the relevant fixtures thread, but Leyton Orient’s game against Lincoln was abandoned after 83 minutes as an Orient supporter needed medical treatment.

It seems a supporter ran on to inform the referee, the game initially continued but around 20 Orient supporters ran onto the pitch to get the game stopped. The ref took the teams off the pitch and the game was abandoned.

Orient were winning 1-0. The supporter, Derek Reynolds aged 74, died.

No decision has been made with regards to replaying the game.

I read about this today, my first thought was why did someone run to the ref and not on the nearest steward / ground staff, surely that would have made more sense? Perhaps they did that too, I don’t know.

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, VillaAlex said:

What did they do talk about bad luck!

What did they do?

- One of them sustained a knee injury against Oxford

- Another injured his shoulder in the same fixture

- Tom McIntyre had his red card rescinded, but fractured his ankle.

Jesus man, do you not read?!  It says right there.. 😒

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

What did they do?

- One of them sustained a knee injury against Oxford

- Another injured his shoulder in the same fixture

- Tom McIntyre had his red card rescinded, but fractured his ankle.

Jesus man, do you not read?!  It says right there.. 😒

Sorry man thanks for saving the effort and reading it for me. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Was going to post Thierry Small in forgotten players thread, I see he joined Charlton last month after Southampton terminated his contract, was linked with us a few years back, maybe because of West Brom connection as he originally came through their academy.

Â