Torns IF find loophole in the offside rule

Tom13

23 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I imagine it's because you have to apply similar laws across the game - i.e: first point of contact in a foul that 'starts' just outside the box but 'ends' just inside.  It's a free kick, not a penalty.

@blandy is right about the VAR/offside thing as it stands - first and last contact is essentially the same thing; it's as the ball is being played.  So replays don't show the ball leaving the foot, they show the ball being played.  There should never be a gap between boot/head/whatever and ball.

Obviously, I'd have probably assumed it's the latter point of contact as I reckon most people would.

I'm not sure why they would word is as the first point of contact. What possible scenario could they be trying to cover there? Or is it just about trying to give as much advantage to the attacking team?

In any case, it exemplifies how VAR offside calls should have more allowance. The still frame they use invariably has the ball blurred and moving,  which definitely won't be the point of first contact. At first contact the ball will still be stationary.

8 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I'm not sure why they would word is as the first point of contact. What possible scenario could they be trying to cover there? Or is it just about trying to give as much advantage to the attacking team?

In any case, it exemplifies how VAR offside calls should have more allowance. The still frame they use invariably has the ball blurred and moving,  which definitely won't be the point of first contact. At first contact the ball will still be stationary.

Yeah they should have some ultra high speed camera not just 'pause the TV camera'

6 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Obviously, the bad finish is on purpose. I did wonder if the failed scoop attempts were on purpose as well - assume they are considering the tone of the video, but it did look kinda genuine at the same time :D

That club resides about 20 minutes from my house, lovely thick southern Swedish accents (wannabe Danish) and every second is a pisstake :D

• Haha 1

Â