08/09 v 07/08 Comparison - After week 38 (Newcastle)

BOF

One other interesting stat. Zayatte's own goal was our 49th goal in all competitions so far this season. Which is exactly the same amount of goals as we scored in the entire 2006/07 season !!

One other interesting stat. Zayatte's own goal was our 49th goal in all competitions so far this season. Which is exactly the same amount of goals as we scored in the entire 2006/07 season !!

:D That's a cracking stat!

Not directly related to this, but the team that finished 4th last season - Liverpool - had picked up 38 points after their first 20 games. The same amount of points, in the same amount of games, as we currently have. So it's fair to say we're here on merit!

• 2 weeks later...

BOF, have you got a total attendance figure for 2007-08 (including all the cup games) so that we can compare it to the total figure for this season.

It'll be interesting to see the point at which more games overcomes a slightly smaller average attendance, and how many more tickets will actually have been sold for the whole season compared to last term.

BOF, have you got a total attendance figure for 2007-08 (including all the cup games) so that we can compare it to the total figure for this season.

Apologies for answering for BOF, but it was 39,367. Bare in mind we only had 2 home cup games, Leicester in League Cup (25,956) and Man Utd in the FA Cup (33,630).

Just an FYI. The previous season's comparison thread is still on the forum located in the Hall Of Fame sub-forum here. So adding the league total of 766,578 to stato's 25,956 & 33,630 cup games gives us 826,164 or an average of 39,341 (21 games).

So 826,164 last season

This season in the league gives us 387,554 from the front page of this thread, plus the 41,757 for the Albion game is 429,311.

Add the following;

Odense 31,423

FH Harfnarfjordu 25.415

QPR 21,541

Litex Lovech 27,230

Ajax 36,657

Zilina 28,797

Or a total of 171,063 for Cup games so far gives us a grand total for the season to date of 600,374.

We're 225,790 short of last seasons total, with at least 9 home games to go.

Is is possible for us to get a million fans to Villa Park this season?

That would be some achievement, and just so as to leave something that gets BOF thinking, would that be the first time in our history that we've had over a million in a season?

In your defence paddy that is actually confusing the way I have it on the front page. The 21 includes the 6. I will make that more clear in the next update as I had to double-take when I looked too :?

• 2 weeks later...

Sunderland victory recorded. Up to 3rd in the away table now behind only Chel$ki & Liverplop.

Seems each post can only handle a certain amount of HTML so we've spilled over to my next post :)

Blackburn victory recorded. We are 10 pts up on last season and 17 pts up on the same opposition. We have also further strengthened our position as the best away team in the league. No team has ever had 51pts at this stage of the season and finished outside the top 3. Let's not be the first eh?

As ever thanks BOF, good stuff, I'm thinking:-

Che, MC, Tot, Liv, MU, Eve all 1 point max = 6

Stk, WHU, Bol, Hu, Ful, Boro, New all 3 points, some generously, = 21

51+27=78 max, less 2 for the drawn games total on ave and 4 off the won games total, will give us 72 min, 78 max.

Good enough to finish 4th, and with the points totals being so low all round 3rd is a distinct possibility. 78 would surely put us 2nd?

My favourite thread on my favourite website. Thanks, BOF. Crackin' stuff.

Last season, we amassed 27 points away from home from the 19 games.

Now, with only 13 games gone, we've already got 30 points away. That's fantastic.

Scored first in 11 games... won 11. Beautiful!