08/09 v 07/08 Comparison - After week 38 (Newcastle)

BOF

BOF sorry if I'm ruining this thread or anything or if you think I should post this somewhere else but this is a good website for comparing last years table to this years with the help of pull down menu's to see how your team was doing after any number of games. Obviously it's not as in-depth as the work your doing but maybe some fans may find it helpful to pass the time. Hope it's of some help, if not, get rid! :)

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2007-2008

• 2 weeks later...

BOF this is brilliant stuff. I usually read it, but have never bothered to comment.

I only really look at the results comparison with the same opponents, cos as someone more intelligent the I is bound to have said...Its results that matter... and more specifically what better way to judge our improvement?

So basically we have improved by 33% from last year on a like for like results basis, 20 points now, 15 this time last year.

Not bad when you consider we have a new defence really, Friedel, Shorey, Young, Cuellar and Davies returning from injury. Despite what some of those boys have shown so far they are all good players and will settle in fairly quickly, given a chance!

Looking good, I feel a bit better now after the recent depression!

Yup.

But as the table against similar opposition shows. Our schedule this season has been more difficult than last season's to date. So our remaining games are easier.

VillaChris. My 2nd table on the front page tells you that we would have 16pts this season if we used last season's results against this season's opposition. We would indeed be in quite the smelly stuff at this stage.

Therefore continuing that line of thought - we need to win our next 2 home games (Fulham and Bolton) and at least draw the next 2 away (Everton and WestHam) in order to maintain this progress. Interesting.