Weekends Football 18/20/MNF 21 August

andykeenan

1 minute ago, Genie said:

It does put the original build of Chelsea and Man City into perspective. Just spending a fortune doesn’t guarantee success, you need to know what you’re doing too.

If they do have a plan, I wonder if it’s to break all these FFP rules banking on this young team becoming incredible to deal with the transfer ban etc.

Although I don’t personally believe that. They’ve overspent on a hodgepodge of players that wouldn’t even get into the City team. 

Just now, Spoony said:

If they do have a plan, I wonder if it’s to break all these FFP rules banking on this young team becoming incredible to deal with the transfer ban etc.

Although I don’t personally believe that. They’ve overspent on a hodgepodge of players that wouldn’t even get into the City team. 

They could have got 5 or 6 superstars and sown them into what they had instead of 30 maybes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

Someone needs to explain to me in clear, understandable terms why Mudryk was worth €70m. 

He was nearer €100m I think.

edit: Sky Sports says £88.5m (€103.5m)

Edited by Genie

Just now, MachoFantastico said:

So many of the Chelsea players seem average at best at the moment. 

Yeah, it’s very odd. Massive transfer fees, massive wages, long contracts and not one of them looks quality.

Â