Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

On 01/01/2024 at 18:20, Zero7 said:

Would love to see him get a start against boro 

Really? Why? Which of his performances make you want to see him play for us? 

He’s not even getting game time from the bench much anymore since Emery hooked him at half time in the Bournemouth match. And rightfully so as that performance was a disgrace. 

Id send him back this month if we had an adequate replacement.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'm increasingly leaning towards this point of view. We certainly havent seen anything so far to suggest that we should spend £30m on him. I appreciate he's had off-field issues on top of trying to settle into a new country, but his performances have veered between frustratingly average and looking like he's had his feet removed and reattached the wrong way around.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

I'm increasingly leaning towards this point of view. We certainly havent seen anything so far to suggest that we should spend £30m on him. I appreciate he's had off-field issues on top of trying to settle into a new country, but his performances have veered between frustratingly average and looking like he's had his feet removed and reattached the wrong way around.

IMG_2918.png

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s not even getting game time from the bench much anymore since Emery hooked him at half time in the Bournemouth match. And rightfully so as that performance was a disgrace. 

He's playing less because Ramsey is back... And it's him that still needs to get up to speed not zaniolo 

Just now, villa4europe said:

He's playing less because Ramsey is back... And it's him that still needs to get up to speed not zaniolo 

That’s not true. Ramsey hasn’t been great, granted, but even his worst performance has been better than the tripe Zaniolo has served up. 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

That’s not true. Ramsey hasn’t been great, granted, but even his worst performance has been better than the tripe Zaniolo has served up. 

I meant that if someone is getting much needed extra minutes in a cup game to try and find some form it's our own Ramsey and not our loan player! 

• Shocked 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

I meant that if someone is getting much needed extra minutes in a cup game to try and find some form it's our own Ramsey and not our loan player! 

Oh, ok. Now I just feel bad.

I agree with you! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Because we need to utilise our squad and rest players that need resting 

11 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Irrelevant anyway. If Unai sees something in Zaniolo he could well want to make it permanent.

Might be worth doing that this Jan if it’s favourable from an FFP perspective. Would love to see him signed permanently for us 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Irrelevant anyway. If Unai sees something in Zaniolo he could well want to make it permanent.

I think he does, that's why we signed him. Bailey took a lot longer to come to the boil. He has just begun to add goals to his game, which will increase his confidence and I think we may well look back at his signing, as another UE masterstroke at the end of the season.  

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Tom13 said:

He’s seen so much in him that he barely plays him even when we’re down to the bare bones. No way we make this signing permanent and if we do, well, it will hamper us long term. Guys a wasteman.

13 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Lol. 

What so funny? Good players like him don’t come up often at this price point, just taking him a little while to settle in a new country. Also off the back of injuries and little game time, he’s still young and will come good. Last couple of games he’s looked better. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

What so funny? Good players like him don’t come up often at this price point, just taking him a little while to settle in a new country. Also off the back of injuries and little game time, he’s still young and will come good. Last couple of games he’s looked better. 

I just can’t get on board this way of thinking. He’s not shown anywhere near enough for us to go and buy him permanently for £25m or whatever it is.

If rumours of us being tight on FFP are to be believed, I’d much rather put that money to use somewhere else. Surely, if it was your money, you wouldn’t gamble spending it on this guy? The manager barely plays him even when we have a lot of players missing.

Can’t see him signing for us permanently. 

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I just can’t get on board this way of thinking. He’s not shown anywhere near enough for us to go and buy him permanently for £25m or whatever it is.

If rumours of us being tight on FFP are to be believed, I’d much rather put that money to use somewhere else. Surely, if it was your money, you wouldn’t gamble spending it on this guy? The manager barely plays him even when we have a lot of players missing.

Can’t see him signing for us permanently. 

But if you apply that logic Bailey would be gone and we should all be on diaby back for having a poor 1/2 season bar the odd game. Some players just take a bit more time to settle. Give him the season and if he doesn’t improve then let’s not sign him but to write him off so early is a bit short sighted 

• Like 1

Â