Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2023/24

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

BOF

i've had a good season, been lucky with injuries and my rank is still good. but for the first time i've got a few real doubts of a few areas of my team. looking at it this evening, i've no easy fixes either.

think all i can really do is try and get through this GW unscathed and see what i can do next week

Well having rolled my transfer last week my plans depend on Bowen's fitness and as he hasn't travelled for today's game he has to be a doubt for the weekend

So I'll probably go Bowen & Cash out, Mbuemo and Saliba in. Though I might take the extra risk on Gabriel to bank more cash for the following weeks and having to navigate GW18's blank fixture

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Well having rolled my transfer last week my plans depend on Bowen's fitness and as he hasn't travelled for today's game he has to be a doubt for the weekend

So I'll probably go Bowen & Cash out, Mbuemo and Saliba in. Though I might take the extra risk on Gabriel to bank more cash for the following weeks and having to navigate GW18's blank fixture

my gut says bowen will be fine for the weekend. keep him back home for the europa game and make sure he's fit for sunday.

Just now, tomav84 said:

my gut says bowen will be fine for the weekend. keep him back home for the europa game and make sure he's fit for sunday.

I hope so because I really don’t want Mbeumo until sometime after GW18 if at all

28 minutes ago, bickster said:

After last night I reckon Cash is a definite sell now, can't see him playing Sunday

seen this from a few people. what's the reasoning do you think? carlos did well at spurs but not sure konsa is a RB and wasn't as effective. i think i'd agree with you if this was an arsenal or city away game but i think emery will want to treat this as a home game and will want to control play so will set up like we do at home.

i hope so anyway as i really don't want to use a transfer this week and i don't have much option other than to play him

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

seen this from a few people. what's the reasoning do you think? carlos did well at spurs but not sure konsa is a RB and wasn't as effective. i think i'd agree with you if this was an arsenal or city away game but i think emery will want to treat this as a home game and will want to control play so will set up like we do at home.

i hope so anyway as i really don't want to use a transfer this week and i don't have much option other than to play him

In the Spurs game Cash played in Midfield, Bailey came on and changed the game. Cash played full game last night, Bailey only used as a sub, if Bailey wasn't part of the Bournemouth starting XI he's have been on the pitch from the off last night and Cash rested.

I also think Moreno will get 30 minutes or so on Sunday and we'll start to see him eased back in to League action soon enough

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i think i'll wait until tomorrow anyway. arsenal are normally good for team leaks so if gabriel starts, that's an easy switch.

It's the way I'm heading I think, just the Bowen situation to figure out and whether I continue to roll the other transfer for the following week when I'll go Ward-Prowse to Palmer (as it currently stands)

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

In the Spurs game Cash played in Midfield

He didn't.

He played wing back. When Bailey came on we went to 4 at the back which is why we controlled the game more (imo)

I actually agree that Cash might get dropped. Emery has dabbled with Konsa at RB already this season and I have a suspicion he wants to play that more.

18 minutes ago, bickster said:

That really wasn't my impression of the way Cash played

We played a back 3 with Digne and Cash wingbacks

Cash had exactly the same average position as Digne (inverted obviously)

Bailey played far far further up the pitch when he came on. 

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

We played a back 3 with Digne and Cash wingbacks

Cash had exactly the same average position as Digne (inverted obviously)

Bailey played far far further up the pitch when he came on. 

Thanks for your insight

I've done something that could be season defining in one direction or another. But I have the strength of my convictions. In much the same way that an idiot does.

8 hours ago, a-k said:

So in conclusion, Cash in or out? 😂

if we get leaked arsenal news to say gabriel starts i'm making the change tomorrow. if not, i'm 70% keeping, 30% just making the change anyway

Watkins and Bowen potentially out has thrown a couple of spanners in the works for me. I’m thinking Watkins will be okay especially as unai initially said it was a “small pain” and knowing Watkins I’m sure he will be pushing to start.

the Bowen one is a bit more of a risk but I suppose an extra defender coming in for him won’t be the end of the world….I don’t want to line up 5-4-1 only to see Watkins and/or Bowen start 🙈 so think I’m going to gamble it and if Watkins is out then I’ll probably yeet him out for Darwin for a couple of weeks.

i was all set to start making moves towards getting trippier back in my team by freeing up funds but can’t start that yet until I find out more about above injuries 

16 hours ago, BOF said:

I've done something that could be season defining in one direction or another. But I have the strength of my convictions. In much the same way that an idiot does.

Me to, my first hit of the season, took a -4

Cash, Bowen, Watkins out Gabriel, Gordon and Isak in

Took me forever to make my mind up, planning on bringing Watkins and possibly Bowen back in in the near future but having had a shit GW last week, I wanted to at least try not to have one this week too

Also considered Darwin (higher rotation risk), Mbuemo (GW18 and AfCoN put me off) Saliba (I'll take the slight rotation risk to save on the money) Palmer (if no one gets injured he'll be in next week for Ward-Prowse)

I'm absolutely convinced we won’t play Cash from the start and didn’t want him for the following two game weeks. The other two were obviously the yellow flags

• Like 1

Â