"The Terrace View" - Upper Holte Lounge

OutByEaster?

21 minutes ago, DewiMckay said:

Terrace View Season Ticket Holders recieved this email today regarding away tickets. 

image.thumb.jpeg.493dd6340fd18363b3dc0c2382ab33e2.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0e77402fd45fbc972d4b3689dc7e5da2.jpeg

I've taken a bit of flak for my opinions on this whole product offering, perhaps fairly so as I'm biased by how its devalued the claret club membership.

However, offering potentially up to four away tickets to Terrace View season ticket holders is astonishing! Right? (Unless I'm reading this wrong).

• Like 1

As I understand the process, successful members have the option to buy /reject offered tickets from the ballot. 

I might have to give my contact a call as I’m interested in Away Travel. Logically if I know what games (if any) have been allocated to my ID. Could I pre book seating on coach.

Makes you wonder how much of the allocation the TV fans are getting. The fact they mention they've reviewed the process for away tickets suggests it is going to be more than the 6 or so you'd expect them to have available as the respective ratio of the overall hospitality allowance.

And if it is, I wonder who they're taking these away tickets off 🤔 

I'd love to know the take up of the season ticket in this lounge.  £1500 to watch from the Upper Holte!

And I wonder how many of those are, deep down, not interested at all in the actual facilities, they are just desperate for a season ticket no matter where they end up in the ground?

The equivalent of paying for one of those queue jump passes at Alton Towers.

I love my seat in the Upper Holte, but it is the cheapest seat in the ground. Crazy to think that someone could be sitting next to me paying that kind of money.

Still, they get a couple of beers (which they can't take to their seat), a programme and the ability to surf the net rather than watch the football!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DewiMckay said:

PL Home Game tickets have been issued my ID, this happend last week.  

I mean the individual game tickets for the Terrace View - I don;'t think those have been offered yet have they?

@villanbee

After a brief hiatus I decided to apply for season tickets, still attend home games, buying tickets for the Trinity Road End, wherever possible, due to its facilities.

When the opportunity arose to purchase Holten End Terrace Season Tickets, I reviewed my finances I made an informed decision to purchase.

Rationale  

·         Villa Supporter.

·         Total belief in Unai Emery and the project.

·         No drama in buying home game tickets.

·         Within my means and affordable way to join hospitality.

·         Toilet /Bar waiting times.

·         Direct contact with an account manager.

·         Networking.

Bonus

·         New facilities.

·         Away game fixtures hopefully.

·         Extended opening closing times.

·         2x Free drinks.

·         Programme

·         Lanyard.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DewiMckay said:

@villanbee

After a brief hiatus I decided to apply for season tickets, still attend home games, buying tickets for the Trinity Road End, wherever possible, due to its facilities.

When the opportunity arose to purchase Holten End Terrace Season Tickets, I reviewed my finances I made an informed decision to purchase.

Rationale  

·         Villa Supporter.

·         Total belief in Unai Emery and the project.

·         No drama in buying home game tickets.

·         Within my means and affordable way to join hospitality.

·         Toilet /Bar waiting times.

·         Direct contact with an account manager.

·         Networking.

Bonus

·         New facilities.

·         Away game fixtures hopefully.

·         Extended opening closing times.

·         2x Free drinks.

·         Programme

·         Lanyard.

Trinity Road End?

Holten End Terrace?

Direct contact with an account manager?

Networking?

Something's not quite right about that post. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, DewiMckay said:

@OutByEaster?  See below.  Tickets have been issued.  

image.jpeg.3fcf84f378b24afd6df805b2edbb3da6.jpeg

I think we're at crossed purposes.

You're talking about the issuing of the match tickets associated with the season tickets - I'm talking about the individual match tickets for a single game only - so someone who buys themselves and their dad a place in the Terrace View for the Everton match only, because it's his birthday - the people that will only use the facility once a season.

Those will have to be on sale soon surely?

2 minutes ago, DewiMckay said:

@OutByEaster? Unsure, however there are seats setaside for this very purpose.  I seem to recall 250 Units on a  match by match basis.  

They'd talked about half and half I think - but given the cut & paste nature of your rationale post I'm guessing you're a long ways closer to the situation than I am!

If they're going to wait until they've sold 750 of the season tickets in Terrace View we'll have empty seats for half the season! 🤣

With Everton just 17 days away and people perhaps needing a little longer to plan ahead for this sort of occasional purchase, you'd hope they'd have them on sale soon.

Someone in Villa's hospitality sales team needs to man up, bite the bullet, tell the boss they can't sell the season tickets before Everton and move on so we can sell the rest of the seats in the Holte End - it's ridiculous.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DewiMckay said:

@OutByEaster? Not an insider - I have spoken the account manager, as this is so nacsent they are on a learning curve. I'm sanguine and don't have any regrets. 

Learning curve looks a little steep for them. 

It's a great facility and it'll be really good on matchdays, it's just overpriced,  being mis-sold and having a negative effect on products that other people have already paid for. 

I think Mr Purslow lived in a world where he expected there to be a huge take up from existing Holte Enders who would snap up 500 upgraded season tickets in a heartbeat, when they took 67 the club realised they were in a bit of a pickle - I don't think they've really found a way out of that pickle.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Learning curve looks a little steep for them. 

It's a great facility and it'll be really good on matchdays, it's just overpriced,  being mis-sold and having a negative effect on products that other people have already paid for. 

I think Mr Purslow lived in a world where he expected there to be a huge take up from existing Holte Enders who would snap up 500 upgraded season tickets in a heartbeat, when they took 67 the club realised they were in a bit of a pickle - I don't think they've really found a way out of that pickle.

You'd think they would have opened single ticket purchase for the 250 seats (or whatever they planned to set aside for single purchase) already, at least to members or for ST holders to upgrade for the first game.

I'd imagine as the first home game of the season,  a few more than average would take them up than normal, to see what the fuss is about or just to kick off the season with a bang. Might even see a few then thinking it's worthwhile then paying a slightly reduced amount to extend for the season (original cost less what they paid for that game).  Kind of try before you buy option. 

The fact they haven't done the first thing I mention suggests they're not sure what price they want to set it at. I can't think of any other reason why they would delay the 250 they're reserving for singular sale anyway.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

The fact they haven't done the first thing I mention suggests they're not sure what price they want to set it at. I can't think of any other reason why they would delay the 250 they're reserving for singular sale anyway.

I think the delay is so that they can desperately sell season tickets - fitting those people into the Upper Holte is a problem they only have to solve once - fitting in new people every game becomes tricky.

Â