Playoffs 2022-23: Wild Card Weekend

Tegis

9 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Chargers, known during every pre-season as Charger-season, decided to Charge harder than I've ever seen Chargers Charge a Charger-game.

How in the absolute **** can you lose a game with a 4-0 turnover ratio and a 27-0 lead with 30 seconds to go in the first half. And getting most of the ref-calls going their way (Barring the offside) They just put the barrel to their head and squeezed. Amazing.

It was 5 turnovers in total with the fluffed punt catch  ( Two picks were never picks in a million years and yeah the refs were garbage)

I think the most staggering stat is that the Jags were in a huge hole for the entire game but we still ran Etienne 20 times . The Chargers were comfortably ahead for 90% of the game yet only ran Ekeler 13 times.    That's criminal.

If you ignore all the numbers the most telling thing for me last night was that even at 27-0 Trevor was still keeping the bench pumped up but the Chargers bench seemed quiet even with the lead.   As talented as Herbert is there is no dawg in him and he isn't a strong leader . Lawrence has it in spades.

• Like 2

Just now, Tegis said:

And for about the 5th year running, STOP putting Tony Dungy in the booth. Sheeesh

The energy  from the announcers for the game winner was embarrassing . They had no interest in the game and it was so noticeable.

4 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

The energy  from the announcers for the game winner was embarrassing . They had no interest in the game and it was so noticeable.

Gus is not my cup of tea but his reactions at least matches the intensity. (and "Stokley, down the sideline)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

The Chargers were comfortably ahead for 90% of the game yet only ran Ekeler 13 times.    That's criminal.

As talented as Herbert is there is no dawg in him and he isn't a strong leader

All on the coaching

And it gets worse, listening to a podcast this morning and I'm sure the stat is something like after salyer got injured, who isn't a LT anyway he's just filling in for slater being injured, so Sarrel, who was an undrafted FA, is in as the back up swing tackle they ran the ball 8 times 6 of them to the left... So they ran the ball 75% behind the 3rd choice LT rather than go to the right

They finished the night with 3 WRs all of them slot receivers and that's because Carter, who's also a slot receiver, went off injured, bandy who didn't make the XFL draft looked like he'd never seen a football field in his life... And that's because he barely has, not used him all season

I'm that pissed off I'd be happy if they cleaned house, not convinced Peyton is worth the supposed 2 1st rounders they want for him but Staley is too green and lombardi is an absolute clown

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 3

Got to feel for the rookie - three balls dropped, had to take a time out on a play he couldn't figure out and had a false start penalty - he looks like a man that's trying to learn his offence as he goes. No chance the Dolphins come back in this one.

Â