Who do you think is out the door in January?

maqroll

The dream is always to sell any player for more than they are worth, then buy a better replacement for less money.

However, the Villa way is to keep what we have and buy a worse replacement.

So the answer to this thread is that since no contract is expiring in January, no player is leaving.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, viivvaa66 said:

The dream is always to sell any player for more than they are worth, then buy a better replacement for less money.

However, the Villa way is to keep what we have and buy a worse replacement.

So the answer to this thread is that since no contract is expiring in January, no player is leaving.

Your nearly as cynical as me.

I think the next out the door, is the last 3 that came in.....The Goalie, might stay, shows how short we are.

Edited by TRO

If there's a debate as to whether a player is good enough or not and more than just a few are questioning that player then that's probably a good sign that that player isn't good enough. Too many of our players too inconsistent, some of those need to become squad players as we improve the starting eleven with better.

6 minutes ago, useless said:

If there's a debate as to whether a player is good enough or not and more than just a few are questioning that player then that's probably a good sign that that player isn't good enough. Too many of our players too inconsistent, some of those need to become squad players as we improve the starting eleven with better.

Really? If that’s the yardstick then none of our players are good enough. Which may be true of course.

Edited by VillaParkAvenue

I think people think too much in extremes, just because one says that such and such a player isn't good enough for us should we wish to challenge for such and such position, doesn't mean to say that that player is totally rubbish and should be sold right away or can never do good by us again. There is an inbetween, where some players not good enough to be regular starters if we're to start challenging the upper echelons of the league, but can still be very valuable to us.

• Like 2

I'd say apart from Martinez....Doug......Kamara all the others are on the block...maybe not this Jan....but some should be worried this summer.

However, I've said this before, our recruitment has been poor and cost far too money for what are 'project players'......in that we hope they will become better and learn on the job playing in the prem.....problem is they all lower league players learning from each other which is never going to happen....im all for players from lower leagues but not a squad.

If we were to buy better....proven players then you could argue we dont need to get rid of most of the squad as they will bring quality to team...quality to training.......and improve some of what we already have

Has to be Guilbert and Nakamba gone.

If we sign a new left back then terminate the Augustinsson loan.

Terminate the Bednarek loan at the end of the window if Carlos is nearly ready to play again.

With Archer already loaned out  that will leave enough free spots for some players to come in.

3 or 4 new signings who can play at a more consistent level will make a big difference to the squad.