Text all out of sync. Not letting me type without creating huge spaces

brummybloke

Question

17 answers to this question

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

This is the same for me since Android update.

Huge spaces. Keyboard cursor dropping into the middle of words randomly. Quoting people is impossible as it just wigs out and highlights the text  

Please red the red text at the top of this forum and provide answers to the questions.

I've cleared all data and logged back in again. WiFi and mobile data on Samsung Internet. Its the same problem as noted above.

I will try Firefox but this is my default browser.

Just typing this message the words are getting jumped all over the place. Everytime you dropwig a line it seems to wig out and format wrong, drop the cursor elsewhere or get stuck.

9 minutes ago, limpid said:

Please red the red text at the top of this forum and provide answers to the questions.

This is me on the Firefox. I'm about to reach the end of the line whilst quoting. Yay.It dropped down and didn't highlight the box quote above and got stuck.

Samsung Internet after the update is **** with this forum.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

This is me on the Firefox. I'm about to reach the end of the line whilst quoting. Yay.It dropped down and didn't highlight the box quote above and got stuck.

Samsung Internet after the update is **** with this forum.

Based on the two reports so far, it looks like this is only an issue with Chrome on Samsung devices after a Samsung OS update. I don''t think that this is something that we can fix. lease use a different browser until Samsung sort this out.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, limpid said:

Based on the two reports so far, it looks like this is only an issue with Chrome on Samsung devices after a Samsung OS update. I don''t think that this is something that we can fix. lease use a different browser until Samsung sort this out.

Testing testing.

This is sent using Chrome on my Pixel. No unusual effects at all 

Test

On 12/12/2022 at 17:28, limpid said:

@rodders0223@brummybloke Just in case this was related to the other issue raised today - are you still having this issue?

Edited by brummybloke
Yep, still won't let me quote or post properly, asked multiple times for password reset to try on Firefox instead but no emails come through so stuck on samsung internet
3 hours ago, brummybloke said:

Yep, still won't let me quote or post properly, asked multiple times for password reset to try on Firefox instead but no emails come through so stuck on samsung internet

Please reply using whichever browser is working so your message can be seen :mrgreen:

What have Samsung said? NB. The users in this thread say Chrome is working properly for them, not the Samsung browser.

I've just checked the email logs and your MSP has accepted delivery of all the emails.

Screenshot 2022-12-27 17.06.22.png

The message had started going tits up and it won't let me edit so i replied in the only thing that would accept my message..I was trying to use use chrome but password not accepted, hence requested new password. Samsung haven't got back to me and still not received any emails in any inbox or junk ?

4 hours ago, brummybloke said:

The message had started going tits up and it won't let me edit so i replied in the only thing that would accept my message..I was trying to use use chrome but password not accepted, hence requested new password. Samsung haven't got back to me and still not received any emails in any inbox or junk ?

Microsoft are accepting the emails, I can't do much to help with that, sorry.

I can see that you signed in on a new device on 25/12 at 22:53 - can you use the password that you used then? Can you get the password from your password manager?

You can always communicate using the "Contact us" link at the bottom of every page, or emailing editor.at.villatalk.com.

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Is still happens to me on Samsung browser. I just don't bother using it anymore.

I suspect Samsung won't fix it out of band, it's not really their style to admit to getting something wrong.

If you are lucky, "Samsung Internet" is a real browser and can be updated via Play Store, however, if they've built it in to their version of the OS, it might never be fixed depending on the service life for your device. This is the kind of thing that means Samsung is so slow to update Android versions on their handsets.

Personally I'd uninstall all the Samsung software if it will let you.