Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

"Continuous improvement" were the words from Purslow 11 games into last season when we were sitting 16th, so I'd imagine he'd be expecting an improvement on 11th place and/or 55 points some time soon. It didn't happen last season and neither are looking very likely right now, as I'm sure you can agree.

This is a huge point, what has improved since Gerrard came in? Have any players really improved? Performances haven’t improved. We can’t beat squads in the top 7 which we were doing under smith. Tactically have we improved? The only thing that has improved is the squad. Which is further evidence against Gerrard. 10 months is enough time to ask these questions. We have one win in 6. Joint 2nd most losses with 4, joint 19th in the table. Nothing suggests we’re turning this around right now 

• Like 1

I think Tuchel would be a very good appointment, but there is likely a time where him and Purslow will clash. Tuchel has a history of 'falling out' with clubs. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9184475/Tuchel-fell-Dortmund-fought-unwinnable-war-PSG-end-tears-Chelsea.html

'Thomas is a difficult person, but a fantastic coach,' said Borussia Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke in a podcast on German public radio last November. Watzke is one of several club bosses to have fallen out with Tuchel in recent years. The relationship between club and coach, he said, 'just didn't fit'.

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

I think we will struggle to compete with Brighton for a new manager let alone CL clubs.

They are a prem club on the up with a huge transfer kitty due to recent player sales that will be made available to any new manager coming in.

A much more attractive proposition than us that's for sure.

They really aren’t. We have a new stand coming, a top of the range training complex, a very good academy that is constantly being added to and improved upon. We have billionaire owners, who have backed every manager they have had. 
Just because we aren’t doing well in the league does not make Brighton a more attractive proposition. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

I think you may be on to something about taking the Villa job... I wouldn't appose the appointment I think he's a good coach, most Chelsea fans seem a bit pissed about him getting sacked. 

I can almost hear Villa sell the job to TT. ”Come to us, we’re nowhere near elite!”

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Try Google and do a little research, you will be enlightened

How about YOU google some of the other premier league owners.

My point isn’t that the Saudis are squeaky clean.  My point is that I 100000% guarantee you that Emery not working for them has NOTHING to do with him making a moral stand.  

An utterly bizarre thought process, like saying ‘Poch will turn down villa on moral grounds because Sawiris has a stake in Adidas and they use child slavery in Indonesia.’

Edited by Thug

I know I might be selling myself a dream, but I'm on board with Tuchel. He's tactically flexible, at Dortmund he used 4-2-3-1/4-1-4-1 and at PSG he used 4-3-3. Chelsea he used that variation of 3-4-3 with two 'number 10s' although I am not to keen on that set up. 

16 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Big difference between the Qataris and the Saudis 

You can't blame people on here mate.

I realise a large percentage of the British poulation seem to get their " news " re the Arab world from the Daily Mail etc. 😂

They reckon the police will be running around Qatar chasing drunk people having sex and locking up anyone who might look a bit camp at the World Cup 😂

For example.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You can't blame people on here mate.

I realise a large percentage of the British poulation seem to get their " news " re the Arab world from the Daily Mail etc. 😂

They reckon the police will be running around Qatar chasing drunk people having sex and locking up anyone who might look a bit camp at the World Cup 😂

For example.

Are u sure it isn't a shoot to kill policy for during the WC? Let me just check the news in the Daily Mail for confirmation 🤣

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

I know I might be selling myself a dream, but I'm on board with Tuchel. He's tactically flexible, at Dortmund he used 4-2-3-1/4-1-4-1 and at PSG he used 4-3-3. Chelsea he used that variation of 3-4-3 with two 'number 10s' although I am not to keen on that set up. 

TT is a top class manager, I would have no issues with appointing him. I would hate Rodgers at our club

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Thug said:

My point isn’t that the Saudis are squeaky clean.  My point is that I 100000% guarantee you that Emery not working for them has NOTHING to do with him making a moral stand.  

An utterly bizarre thought process, like saying ‘Poch will turn down villa on moral grounds because Sawiris has a stake in Adidas and they use child slavery in Indonesia.’

And did u  actually read my comment? I said 'I like to let myself believe', it is very much tongue in cheek

12 minutes ago, Thug said:

You may find it difficult to be able to support that argument. 

I appreciate that industry sector has in the past used child labour but you will find that has all been stamped out as supply chain due diligence has become the norm for companies doing business with industries that have in the past operated illegal and immoral work practices. Yes, Adidas were guilty of this over 20 years ago in Indonesia but it is wrong to say they are currently doing so

Just now, Rustibrooks said:

Same, I don’t want Rodgers here tbh. He needs some time away from the game in my opinion.

Agreed and his is a moaning, whining, boring, pass the buck manager that would really annoy me seeing every interview he gave about Villa 🙂

• Like 2

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

You may find it difficult to be able to support that argument. 

I appreciate that industry sector has in the past used child labour but you will find that has all been stamped out as supply chain due diligence has become the norm for companies doing business with industries that have in the past operated illegal and immoral work practices. Yes, Adidas were guilty of this over 20 years ago in Indonesia but it is wrong to say they are currently doing so

I was merely giving an example of a stupid thing to say.