What is that 1 song you hate by that 1 artist you love?

villa4europe

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Give it another go. 

That night be possible because if I listen on YouTube its easy to avoid the offending track.

I have to say that I am surprised that you like the album so much because you seem to be generally hostile to Christianity, if your posts are anything to go by.

1 minute ago, MakemineVanilla said:

That night be possible because if I listen on YouTube its easy to avoid the offending track.

I have to say that I am surprised that you like the album so much because you seem to be generally hostile to Christianity, if your posts are anything to go by.

Well, yes, I'm generally hostile (or at least antipathetic) to all religions. And like you, I was certainly dismayed when Dylan went so overboard into evangelical mania. But it didn't seem to last, and within a very few years he was back playing secular songs, which at least placed Slow Train and its sequels into some sort of historical context. And the more I listened to STC, the more I could recognise its qualities ('Man Gave Names' aside, naturally).   :) 

And, after all, some of the greatest music ever created was religiously inspired. You don't have to be a believer to appreciate Bach's St Matthew Passion or some of the great black American gospel singers. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Well, yes, I'm generally hostile (or at least antipathetic) to all religions. And like you, I was certainly dismayed when Dylan went so overboard into evangelical mania. But it didn't seem to last, and within a very few years he was back playing secular songs, which at least placed Slow Train and its sequels into some sort of historical context. And the more I listened to STC, the more I could recognise its qualities ('Man Gave Names' aside, naturally).   :) 

And, after all, some of the greatest music ever created was religiously inspired. You don't have to be a believer to appreciate Bach's St Matthew Passion or some of the great black American gospel singers. 

I'm afraid I didn't like it any better this time round than the last.

I have always liked Gotta Serve but despite the quality of the music I don't think the rest of the songs are any good: I think the album is another example of Bob being knowingly perverse.

I love Bob's early stuff and think Blood on the Tracks is superb, but I'm never going to like this one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I'm afraid I didn't like it any better this time round than the last.

I have always liked Gotta Serve but despite the quality of the music I don't think the rest of the songs are any good: I think the album is another example of Bob being knowingly perverse.

I love Bob's early stuff and think Blood on the Tracks is superb, but I'm never going to like this one.

Fair enough. 

28 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Oh, **** this song ...

That whole album can f*** off.

I was working security at the Liverpool Beastie Boys gig/riot

I refuse to be objective about the music it brings back memories of that night.

I like the BBs but not that album

Â