Do we have a composure problem?

Marka Ragnos

I dont blame the players at all.

Good coaches give good players the tools they need for in game situations. We dont do that. Too often our players are left to rely on a moment of genius to make anything happen.

I know its an obvious comparison but look at Pep. He knows EXACTLY where all of his players should be at a given stage of play and is constantly giving them instructions to help them win.

Ours just throw their hands up in the air when the plan they gave the players at kick off isnt working.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I dont blame the players at all.

Good coaches give good players the tools they need for in game situations. We dont do that. Too often our players are left to rely on a moment of genius to make anything happen.

I know its an obvious comparison but look at Pep. He knows EXACTLY where all of his players should be at a given stage of play and is constantly giving them instructions to help them win.

Ours just throw their hands up in the air when the plan they gave the players at kick off isnt working.

Exactly this. If you don’t practice different patterns of play, and instead just rely on the players to improvise, that is what you get.

But work on that on the training pitch and players will look more confident in games.

• Like 2

So many incredibly perceptive and wise and funny and predictable and petulant and lovely comments here -- all much appreciated. So many interesting nuances of the game revealed to me, but also   management philosophies and frameworks for thinking of what it means to lead a club, etc. I feel more confused than ever, but it's a good confusion. Thank you. 

Maybe we are overthinking things here. We just don’t have a very good manager who knows his trade? I felt the same the moment Bruce walked through the door and knew it would end badly, have the exact feeling about Gerrard.

I just don’t think he can coach a team to be cohesive, together, as one - we look a hapless bunch of individual footballers who don’t enjoy playing together ☹️

42 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

No we have a managerial problem.

We have both. But the composed players we do have, the managers doesn't view them as starters. So the manager problem is definitely larger than the composure one.

Â