F1 Manager 22

daft

Anyone else really looking forward this?

There are some annoying things already come to light, among other things no custom team because of licensing and no changing teams one you start a game, but it still looks really good for us F1 fans.

Out in Early Access on the 25th and about a week later for non-preorders.

I might take a look at this, I love the F1 and I love Football Manager so this could be a must buy for me.

I'll take a look at that video later, it all depends on how much it is going to cost of course, if it is going to be a £60 effort then there is no chance.

30 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

I might take a look at this, I love the F1 and I love Football Manager so this could be a must buy for me.

I'll take a look at that video later, it all depends on how much it is going to cost of course, if it is going to be a £60 effort then there is no chance.

It is about that unfortunately, with a 10% discount for pre-ordering. 

But do check it out. I'll dump some initial impressions in here oce I got it installed and get some playtime on Thursday or Friday.

On 23/08/2022 at 18:03, leemond2008 said:

If it's rubbish try Motorsport Manager with one of the excellent mods that add real names/teams and features that add a lot of play time. I think the biggest ones are called Fire/Ice and I believe they are regularly updated.

Just don't expect the same impressive level of graphics if you do.

Edited by Sam-AVFC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

If it's rubbish try Motorsport Manager with one of the excellent mods that add real names/teams and features that add a lot of play time. I think the biggest ones are called Fire/Ice and I believe they are regularly updated.

Just don't expect the same impressive level of graphics if you do.

Yeah, MM is great fun. Good shout.

I've only done two races so far as Alfa Romeo, but this game is fantastic. Really immersive, great fun and I find myself playing most of it in real time. A pure joy so far.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I’ll be getting this. The graphics look incredible. Which is a weird thing to look for in a management game but it looks so good it can’t be ignored

It's so much fun. I've been playing 16 hours straight. 😅

Some issues with blue flags where some drivers not getting out of the way, but man this is so immersive. 

I've mostly played in real-time because it's so exciting following the action.

• Like 1

On 27/08/2022 at 17:28, daft said:

Some issues with blue flags where some drivers not getting out of the way, but man this is so immersive. 

So tempted 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/08/2022 at 17:28, daft said:

Just purchased, how are you getting on? Any tips?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

Just purchased, how are you getting on? Any tips?

A bit too well with Alfa Romeo to be honest! 😅 I swapped PU early and managed to get Bottas a win or two until the others caught up. 

Currently we are subscribed to P5 and P8, which is better that IRL tbf. 

It's a really fun game, isn't it?

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

First race done, took me a long time as I went all in (!) on it. I may get addicted to this! 

I did the same the first few races. Ran them in real time. Really immersive stuff. 😅

4 hours ago, daft said:

A bit too well with Alfa Romeo to be honest! 😅 I swapped PU early and managed to get Bottas a win or two until the others caught up. 

Currently we are subscribed to P5 and P8, which is better that IRL tbf. 

It's a really fun game, isn't it?

Brilliant, would love to hear how you get on for the rest of the season. I’m currently WFH so set up to play alongside work 😁

Really enjoying this game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

Brilliant, would love to hear how you get on for the rest of the season. I’m currently WFH so set up to play alongside work 😁

Really enjoying this game.

Yeah, exact same here, working mostly from home so monitor 3 has been F1 Manager. 😅

Well, home sick now so switching between Cyberpunk and F1 currently. 

But yeah, they created a very good plattform for building on with this first installment. Really addictive.

4 hours ago, daft said:

Yeah, exact same here, working mostly from home so monitor 3 has been F1 Manager. 😅

Well, home sick now so switching between Cyberpunk and F1 currently. 

But yeah, they created a very good plattform for building on with this first installment. Really addictive.

I love Jurassic World Evolution - sake developers I think, and that game has gone from strength to strength - so the signs are good. Managing McLaren, expected to finish 5th with a car that’s rated 13th-16th 😂

• Like 1

Â